Software Update for Full Screen CarPlay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z7What

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have FDRS if anyone needs me to run their vin.

I stay pretty busy so it may take me a couple days to get back with you.

Also if anyone is located in South Louisiana I can perform the updates for you. Cost will be…. Up to 4hrs = $200, 4hrs plus = $300. Depending on the amount of updates needed the process can take all day so plan accordingly. I also have Forscan and can make any chances you want for free when done at the same time as the FDRS updates.

Wayne

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Also if anyone is located in South Louisiana I can perform the updates for you. Cost will be…. Up to 4hrs = $200, 4hrs plus = $300. Depending on the amount of updates needed the process can take all day so plan accordingly. I also have Forscan and can make any chances you want for free when done at the same time as the FDRS updates.

Wayne
How much w/ FRF member discount & vet discount?

Last edited:

Hemmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Wayne
Rare, but you are making the dealers look good. My dealer told me it would cost $150 for them to run an update on my truck.

gobluejd

HAIL!!!
Reaction score
Rare, but you are making the dealers look good. My dealer told me it would cost $150 for them to run an update on my truck.
I took to my local dealer (closer to where I live than where I bought it). They attempted to do it and stopped because I did not have the B&O Amp installed (I have a custom stereo). They stopped the work. I then re-installed my B&O and returned and they did it. However it was the same exact version (they did not update their local FDRS) and tried to get me to pay the $150. I was pissed and basically the service manager said if I gave them a 5 star google review he'd waive it. Got in truck and was NOT updated. Everything was reset and version was the same.

Long story short, I called a number (I believe in this thread) and they ran tested and confirmed I have an issue with the updates and has not been connected to Ford's servers since I got the truck (Sept 21). Lady gave me a TSB (TSB 22-2404) and said take to dealer and if they give me any shit, to have them call them.

This week I decided to call my dealer where I got the truck and the service manager happened to have a 21 F150 and said he knew of the exact issue, confirmed I did not have to have the B&O installed and even read the other dealers notes and said everything they said in there was complete BS.

I am taking it in next Friday. I will update then.

Hemmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took to my local dealer (closer to where I live than where I bought it). They attempted to do it and stopped because I did not have the B&O Amp installed (I have a custom stereo). They stopped the work. I then re-installed my B&O and returned and they did it. However it was the same exact version (they did not update their local FDRS) and tried to get me to pay the $150. I was pissed and basically the service manager said if I gave them a 5 star google review he'd waive it. Got in truck and was NOT updated. Everything was reset and version was the same.

Long story short, I called a number (I believe in this thread) and they ran tested and confirmed I have an issue with the updates and has not been connected to Ford's servers since I got the truck (Sept 21). Lady gave me a TSB (TSB 22-2404) and said take to dealer and if they give me any shit, to have them call them.

This week I decided to call my dealer where I got the truck and the service manager happened to have a 21 F150 and said he knew of the exact issue, confirmed I did not have to have the B&O installed and even read the other dealers notes and said everything they said in there was complete BS.

I am taking it in next Friday. I will update then.
I made a service appointment with a different dealer to get this looked at again. I will have to call the number and maybe I can get a TSB to give to the dealer also. That would definitely make things a lot easier.

gdflynn1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made a service appointment with a different dealer to get this looked at again. I will have to call the number and maybe I can get a TSB to give to the dealer also. That would definitely make things a lot easier.
Feels like my nightmare I lived a couple months back. Good luck. I went to dealer with TSB but it doesn't really describe the possibility of # of steps and the sequence in which they may need to be applied. If you haven't yet, you can find my original post of the many steps/updates my dealer had to perform to resolve the issue entirely. I would bring that list to the dealer in addition to the TSB. Just my 2 cents

Hemmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Feels like my nightmare I lived a couple months back. Good luck. I went to dealer with TSB but it doesn't really describe the possibility of # of steps and the sequence in which they may need to be applied. If you haven't yet, you can find my original post of the many steps/updates my dealer had to perform to resolve the issue entirely. I would bring that list to the dealer in addition to the TSB. Just my 2 cents
That was my plan. I bookmarked your post back when you posted it originally to take with me to the dealer. That was great information and hopefully will help me out as well.

mmayo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2021 with no OTA updates ever- here is what the dealer did to get it up to date, was a lengthy process:

Attachments

• 70792663036__72ED0D6D-7FA1-4BDD-842D-F20D987ABF4D.jpeg
    70792663036__72ED0D6D-7FA1-4BDD-842D-F20D987ABF4D.jpeg
    177.1 KB · Views: 99

Z7What

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If bringing it to the dealer makes more sense to you then so be it but more often than not dealers are telling customers that there trucks are up to date when they arent. I recently updated a 21 Lariat that originally showed that it needed 13 updates. When it was all said and done i did a total of 29 updates. The process took around 13 hours to complete. If you think a dealer is going to spend 13 hours to FULLY update your truck for $150 your crazy.

Wayne