Software Update for Full Screen CarPlay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorQ8t

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the 2023 Raptor R comes with this update already installed? I ask because my dealer is refusing to install the update for my 2022 Raptor. Claiming it causes issues with the pickup.

Shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just traded my 2017 for a 2022 with a build date of 8/22 and it has the full screen CarPlay so I'm sure any built since then will have it (I suppose it could have been pushed out OTA as well).

Does anyone know if the software modules on the Raptor are updated with the FDRS software? My wife has a Mach E GT and there are a LOT of software modules on her car that were out of date and the dealer would not update modules without complaints of a specific issue. My local dealer was also backed up they told me I would have to leave the car there for about two weeks before their tech could even get to it, so I got setup to run them myself and fixed numerous issues. I also ran the update to the latest Sync 4 version rather than wait for the OTA to push it out. I think I updated something like 15 modules in a single weekend on her car. It would be nice to know that the same software could be used on my new Raptor, if needed.

Last edited:

jjslat

Reaction score
I took my 21 in for service and specifically requested the update and they just said there isn't one available for my VIN. I'm also having a glitch where when I turn the truck on I have a "Please Wait" screen that you have to hit cancel on or it never goes away, I used that glitch to try to push them to find a way to install the update and they still didn't do anything.

Any advice on what to tell the dealer to get this update?

Shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took my 21 in for service and specifically requested the update and they just said there isn't one available for my VIN. I'm also having a glitch where when I turn the truck on I have a "Please Wait" screen that you have to hit cancel on or it never goes away, I used that glitch to try to push them to find a way to install the update and they still didn't do anything.

Any advice on what to tell the dealer to get this update?
They aren't necessarily lying to you, as Ford pushes updates out to their FDRS servers for different vehicles at different times. The only way to know for sure is to find someone with an active FDRS license and they can run your VIN and check what modules are available for your VIN. Unfortunately I do not have an active FDRS license right now or else I could check it for you.

RaptorQ8t

Reaction score
I just traded my 2017 for a 2022 with a build date of 8/22 and it has the full screen CarPlay so I'm sure any built since then will have it (I suppose it could have been pushed out OTA as well).
Good to know! For some silly reason Ford has disabled WIFI connectivity, and OTA updates on Raptors over here. So I need to beg the local dealer to do it for me, and so far they are not budging.

MKW1456

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to know! For some silly reason Ford has disabled WIFI connectivity, and OTA updates on Raptors over here. So I need to beg the local dealer to do it for me, and so far they are not budging.
I have a 22 that was delivered in January. Chip hold forever. Originally built in August, I think. Still doesn’t have the Apple CarPlay full screen update. Although I just got an email that there are some sync updates coming soon