Software Update for Full Screen CarPlay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

relak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A guy I know called Ford Corporate and complained and now he has the update. Lol
I heard there’s a guy down at Arby’s that will do the update for you but you have to pay him in Bitcoin and he only works every other Saturday. Go through the drive thru and ask for Dimitry, tell him you want the roast beef and you like it “raw”.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I heard there’s a guy down at Arby’s that will do the update for you but you have to pay him in Bitcoin and he only works every other Saturday. Go through the drive thru and ask for Dimitry, tell him you want the roast beef and you like it “raw”.
No really his truck has been at the dealer and they told him his was up to date but like the rest of you he knows there is an update, He called corporate and sent me a picture of his full screen car play this morning.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well... the dealer just called me. They have had my truck for a few hours. They say their computers indicate it has the latest software. That's not true of course, and they seem to know nothing about full screen CarPlay. Finally, they say they are calling Ford directly tomorrow on this. I mean the Sync support people said there is an update and I'm pretty sure the truck has never received an update.

Is there anything I can provide to the dealer to guide them on this issue? I don't want them calling tomorrow saying there is nothing further than can do.... crazy stuff.

I asked my dealer if they could do it and said no, that just have to wait for the rolling update. But what determines that? I've seen 21s and 23s with it, but nothing for my 22?
Guys, I know this doesn’t help your cause but it shows when the OTA was released and for which model year.

For what it’s worth, I don’t even have a damn schedule set in my truck but I’m receiving OTAs nonetheless, go figure.

Attachments

• F828E0E7-6F56-46B3-936C-22DD1E12A6B6.png
    F828E0E7-6F56-46B3-936C-22DD1E12A6B6.png
    412.2 KB · Views: 48
  • FAEAB539-B4C6-48B9-9B5C-6098FB9B6A6B.jpeg
    FAEAB539-B4C6-48B9-9B5C-6098FB9B6A6B.jpeg
    137.9 KB · Views: 46

JeepSRT8

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys, I know this doesn’t help your cause but it shows when the OTA was released and for which model year.

For what it’s worth, I don’t even have a damn schedule set in my truck but I’m receiving OTAs nonetheless, go figure.
Thanks for the info. Hopefully I get it soon. You may not have the schedule set, but if you have automatic updates enabled then you wouldn't need a schedule update. I tried making a schedule update to try and force it to re-check for one, but sadly it didn't work. =( One day... one day

NES431

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck said I was up-to-date without the new version. I set up a scheduled update in the truck for Tuesday at midnight and had it by the next morning.

JeepSRT8

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My truck said I was up-to-date without the new version. I set up a scheduled update in the truck for Tuesday at midnight and had it by the next morning.
Hmm Maybe I will try that. I was scheduling a update for a few minutes in advance, would sit in the car until the scheduled time, and nothing. I'll try it for an overnight.

highway420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it has to be a randomized crap shoot.. for some reason, my auto update was off, I turned back on yesterday, in middle of day.. and when I drove home that option was 'greyed out' and not able to turn back on..but the 'info on update' screen described the update.. and after getting home and then leaving to get some food about 20 min later, the auto option is back on..

moral of story.. it updated as of this morning, so.. yes, I giggled like a little school boy that identified as a girl.. :oops::rolleyes::D It does look a lot better for sure.. next they should allow that for other screens as an option...?

can't add much to this thread except the fact it does go OTA, so the dealers that are even thinking and getting paid money to do this is just disgusting.. Sir, it will do it on it's own...or we can charge you couple hundred bucks for us to take in back, park it.. and let the antenna/modme do it's thing...errr.. I mean, uhmm.. I will have my tech dedicate his morning to sitting with a computer hooked up to your truck and have him watch the screen.. usually there's a circle that keeps spinning and I will have him keep an eye on that circle and make sure it gets done.

side note.. I believe the scheduling aspect of it is when there's an update that needs the truck to not be operated.. prob not that often I would hope/think, but that's what I saw for that option. Just leaving the auto on will/should allow you to get this kind of update.

JeepSRT8

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Getting jealous of all of you who have been getting it. I guess I will have to be patient. Other Fords in my area / Office have all gotten theirs. I'll give it another week before I start fussing to the dealer.

highway420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting jealous of all of you who have been getting it. I guess I will have to be patient. Other Fords in my area / Office have all gotten theirs. I'll give it another week before I start fussing to the dealer.
just keep checking to make sure your 'auto update' is still on and it should do it rather soon.

the way to do it...stop thinking about it.. and it will suddenly decide to work!

JeepSRT8

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just keep checking to make sure your 'auto update' is still on and it should do it rather soon.

the way to do it...stop thinking about it.. and it will suddenly decide to work!
Totally, I guess I should mute this thread, so I stop seeing the email updates on it ;)