Software Update for Full Screen CarPlay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
21 here, delivery 7/2021. Still waiting. I hop in the truck each day hoping to get the update message, then nothing. I am sure it will get here eventually, but having one of the first Gen 3s off the line doesn't seem to indicate that I will get the update any sooner than others.

gobluejd

HAIL!!!
Reaction score
21 here, delivery 7/2021. Still waiting. I hop in the truck each day hoping to get the update message, then nothing. I am sure it will get here eventually, but having one of the first Gen 3s off the line doesn't seem to indicate that I will get the update any sooner than others.
Same boat. 9/21 delivery - no updates AT ALL.

So-Cal-Al-52

I Love Fossil Fuel
Reaction score
When I got in mine this morning it said" Unable to complete update". It is like it tried but didn't work. I also got a Ford Pass Alert about Pro Power being unavailable. Stating please update sync 4 for Pro Power use. Now Pro Power works but no update installed. I picked mine up in late Oct 2022.

I also have a friend who bought a regular F-150 3 weeks ago. He got a text from our Local Chula Vista Ford Dealer saying they pushed his through for him. So his updated with the Dealers help. But they did that without him having to ask.

Is this based off purchase date?

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I got in mine this morning it said" Unable to complete update". It is like it tried but didn't work. I also got a Ford Pass Alert about Pro Power being unavailable. Stating please update sync 4 for Pro Power use. Now Pro Power works but no update installed. I picked mine up in late Oct 2022.

I also have a friend who bought a regular F-150 3 weeks ago. He got a text from our Local Chula Vista Ford Dealer saying they pushed his through for him. So his updated with the Dealers help. But they did that without him having to ask.

Is this based off purchase date?
Not sure anyone knows. We know the dealer can push the update, takes 3 hours or so. Some dealerships are charging for the service, so better to be patient for the OTA update. If yours failed when it ran, hopefully it will try again tonight.

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Received 3.5.4 yesterday OTA, if you have a 21 that has not received any OTA updates over the last 12 months you are probably stuck and need dealer intervention. The Gen 14 forum OTA is a fantastic resource to assist in diagnosing if you haven’t already. As I’ve probably said here but is confirmed over on the Gen 14 forums that no OTA has been sent through WiFi yet (issue on Ford’s end, not saying it will always be cellular in the future). Something to consider if your truck is parked in a place with spotty Att coverage.

A8EB1A5C-0845-4565-8ACC-5E1EBB8C991E.png

alexhartang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Purchased my Gen 3 in March of 22. Last update was October of 22 with update 3.5.2. Still waiting patiently for the update, would love to have it.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got the 3.5.3 last night

I want 3.5.4. I could use the 2 phones and scale. I didn't think they were including the scale on the raptor. news to me