Software Update for Full Screen CarPlay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Teledatgeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of these days I hope the OTA update makes it to my '21 (delivery 1/2022). I confirmed last night that it's connected to our WiFi but I don't notice the truck attaching to our WiFi when the vehicle is off - something wakes it up for the OTA update I presume...

gobluejd

HAIL!!!
Reaction score
One of these days I hope the OTA update makes it to my '21 (delivery 1/2022). I confirmed last night that it's connected to our WiFi but I don't notice the truck attaching to our WiFi when the vehicle is off - something wakes it up for the OTA update I presume...
From what I heard Wi-Fi only makes it faster. It will still do it even if you’re not connected to Wi-Fi.

maxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No dealer involvement required for my 2021. My truck updated the ford software automatically overnight as did my iPhone 13PM (16.3)
started up my truck and carplay started automatically as always and the map automatically went to full screen and the music from Apple music started auto as normal.
yipee