Software Update for Full Screen CarPlay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Called and spent about 20 mins with a guy. He went through a bunch of question and got my sync and modem serial numbers. He suspects when I went and had it done at dealer it reset me in line. But regardless he escalated it and someone should call me back in 2 business days and created a case. Another thing which he asked, which I have seen floating around the forums is that he asked if I was setting the emergency brake. Which I thought was BS. But he said that helps. And also to make sure your default time for updates is not 12:00am.

I will update as it comes. He said that some SYNC and Modems (with corresponding serial numbers) are having issues and that if mine was one of them, they will get it to dealer.
First the sub, now the e-brake…jeez! Lol Let’s hope they find fault with either your Sync or Modem and get this issue resolved.

MKW1456

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE:
Spent 25 min on the phone with the (833)389-0848 number. After providing the VIN she was able to look up my truck (8/22 build that sat waiting for chips until January). She said that my truck has not received any over the air updates. She gave me an example where updates were attempted 3 different times in 1 day and each time 8 or more fault codes were produced. She wouldn’t tell me any codes and stated she couldn’t email them to me. She acknowledged the problem and said I must contact my dealer to troubleshoot. I called the service manager at my local dealer and he too was able to see the truck wasn’t receiving updates. Appt made for next week. He said it could be a few hours to a few days of work. Not sure if it’s related but Apple CarPlay was interrupted multiple times today on a 220 mile trip. Will update next week.

gdflynn1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry if I didn't look long enough, been combing threads.

Does anyone know the Sync version # that adds the full screen android auto?

I am on 4.0.21136, revision134 and still don't have it.

Ford is coming today so want to make sure I am armed with data points. Thanks in advance!

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry if I didn't look long enough, been combing threads.

Does anyone know the Sync version # that adds the full screen android auto?

I am on 4.0.21136, revision134 and still don't have it.

Ford is coming today so want to make sure I am armed with data points. Thanks in advance!
Have you received OTA 3.5.3?

Attachments

• 4011FB8F-19E7-480C-8409-7A863DA647F7.png
    4011FB8F-19E7-480C-8409-7A863DA647F7.png
    321 KB · Views: 27

gdflynn1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fail.

Ford just tried an update, said they saw nothing available. Last updates showing as occurred on my build day. Which means truck never received an OTA update in ~20 months since build date.

Then the OTA team gave me a TSB (22-2404) and an email to someone at corporate if dealer says it cant be updated again.

@rugedraw on the other forum had this to say. I guess I am just special, fellas. :)

"
Very strange. Your truck has never received an OTA, yet you are at Sync 22136 which is supposed to be past the bad software version where 2021 trucks are known to get stuck.

Your dealer connected your truck to FDRS, but never attempted to update anything. For sure there are updates pending for your truck. I don't have a good answer as to why you have never gotten an update. It can't be a coincidence. Something has to be wrong."

Hemmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fail.

Ford just tried an update, said they saw nothing available. Last updates showing as occurred on my build day. Which means truck never received an OTA update in ~20 months since build date.

Then the OTA team gave me a TSB (22-2404) and an email to someone at corporate if dealer says it cant be updated again.

@rugedraw on the other forum had this to say. I guess I am just special, fellas. :)

"
Very strange. Your truck has never received an OTA, yet you are at Sync 22136 which is supposed to be past the bad software version where 2021 trucks are known to get stuck.

Your dealer connected your truck to FDRS, but never attempted to update anything. For sure there are updates pending for your truck. I don't have a good answer as to why you have never gotten an update. It can't be a coincidence. Something has to be wrong."
That is exactly what I was told. I went back to my dealer with this info and they showed no issues and said I should be able to receive updates. IMO, this issue seems like a dead end that won't get resolved. Everybody says everything is up to date, but we don't have the same features as everybody else that are actually certain they have received updates.

CACRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My truck was in the shop last week because it was unable to receive any OTA updates. Turned out that it had some modules that they had to update first and then the OTA update was received.

Unfortunately while it was there a hail storm blew through town and dinged the truck up pretty bad. Sucks because it sits in my garage while at home...just bad timing! :mad:

gdflynn1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck at dealer now per OTA team suggestion, as well as Ford's mobile tech who recommended to bring it in to shop. They just called and said same thing mobile tech said: no updates available which we already know is inaccurate. So hard explaining to them that the issue is my truck cannot receive OTA updates. Making them work harder now. LOL

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Truck at dealer now per OTA team suggestion, as well as Ford's mobile tech who recommended to bring it in to shop. They just called and said same thing mobile tech said: no updates available which we already know is inaccurate. So hard explaining to them that the issue is my truck cannot receive OTA updates. Making them work harder now. LOL
Keep us posted…will be interesting.

gdflynn1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welp, I guess its my lucky day. My truck wound up in the hands of one of the most experienced Ford techs this dealership has. Spent a few mins with him when I picked it up. Here is what he had to do:
- FOund update available for gateway module (GWM), applied
- After GWM updated, an APIM updated became available, applied
- After APIM updated, another GWM update became available, applied
- After GWM updated, another APIM...applied
- After APIM update, an update to the TCU was available, applied
- After TCU, another GWM, applied....
- After all the GWM, APIM, TCU updates, I appear to be fully updated now

Dayyyyuummmm