Software Update for Full Screen CarPlay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven’t received one update yet, but got this email Friday.
Same.... no update but also got that email. Got my truck on 9/15/21.
We are all around the same build/delivery date and have not received anything yet. I got that email also. Was that a generic email sent to everybody or only to people waiting on the update? Did anybody get this email who already received the updates?
I had my truck at the dealer yesterday to look at a few things
1.) Truck had a dead battery a couple weeks ago and threw a bunch of codes. Battery tested good. A week later when I went to start my truck after work, all my dash settings had changed and somehow my emergency brake was activated. Dealer had no answers for this and battery still checked out good.
2.) IWE is acting up and periodically I get that grinding noise/vibration coming from the front. It comes and goes but was doing it all day Sunday. Of course it wasn't doing it for the dealer so nothing done with that.
3.) Also had them look at my screen since I have never received an OTA update. They told me I was up to date and able to receive updates. We will see what happens.

They did finally fix my recalled wiper blade though. I have had my truck into this dealer a few times while this recall was out there and they never addressed it. While I had received calls from 2 other dealers that noticed I have the recall that hasn't been fixed yet. They were asking if they could fix it and the dealer I go to regularly says nothing while they have my truck.

gobluejd

HAIL!!!
Reaction score
We are all around the same build/delivery date and have not received anything yet. I got that email also. Was that a generic email sent to everybody or only to people waiting on the update? Did anybody get this email who already received the updates?
I had my truck at the dealer yesterday to look at a few things
1.) Truck had a dead battery a couple weeks ago and threw a bunch of codes. Battery tested good. A week later when I went to start my truck after work, all my dash settings had changed and somehow my emergency brake was activated. Dealer had no answers for this and battery still checked out good.
2.) IWE is acting up and periodically I get that grinding noise/vibration coming from the front. It comes and goes but was doing it all day Sunday. Of course it wasn't doing it for the dealer so nothing done with that.
3.) Also had them look at my screen since I have never received an OTA update. They told me I was up to date and able to receive updates. We will see what happens.

They did finally fix my recalled wiper blade though. I have had my truck into this dealer a few times while this recall was out there and they never addressed it. While I had received calls from 2 other dealers that noticed I have the recall that hasn't been fixed yet. They were asking if they could fix it and the dealer I go to regularly says nothing while they have my truck.
My battery was also replaced a few weeks ago (was not holding a charge.

I had dealer to an update, they attempted and said they couldn't because I had removed the subwoofer and my truck did not have the correct module to continue the update. I rescheduled, put in old sub and they "did" the update. They wanted to charge me $150 (before I left) and I was like you should have told me this in the first place. Long story short, I agreed to give them a positive google review. Got notifications while they had it that my Ford Pass etc was reset. They did an update, but it was not the most current with full screen etc. Needless to say I was pissed.

I am hoping I just get the update and be done. I do not feel like taking the time to arrange a drop off/sitting and then leave with nothing.

My only option is to take to dealer I bought from, but they are 45 mins away and will probably have to wait there, and I know it takes hours to complete (if done correctly).

UGH>

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Was that a generic email sent to everybody or only to people waiting on the update?
I have received all updates thus far and just received this email a few days ago. So my guess is a generic email sent to all
Did anybody get this email who already received the updates?
Not this particular update from email…
For your satisfaction (& peace of mind), sounds as if you should drop your current dealer and do business w/ 1 of the others 2 dealers who are at least showing some type of concern for your truck.

My battery was also replaced a few weeks ago (was not holding a charge.
Audio drawing too much power… :joke: . Lol
I had dealer to an update, they attempted and said they couldn't because I had removed the subwoofer and my truck did not have the correct module to continue the update. I rescheduled, put in old sub and they "did" the update. They wanted to charge me $150 (before I left) and I was like you should have told me this in the first place. Long story short, I agreed to give them a positive google review. Got notifications while they had it that my Ford Pass etc was reset. They did an update, but it was not the most current with full screen etc. Needless to say I was pissed.

I am hoping I just get the update and be done. I do not feel like taking the time to arrange a drop off/sitting and then leave with nothing.

My only option is to take to dealer I bought from, but they are 45 mins away and will probably have to wait there, and I know it takes hours to complete (if done correctly).

UGH>
Damn @gobluejd! Sorry to hear that you had to put your OE sub back in. Not really sure what the hell role the OE sub plays in regards to getting updates but there’s gotta be something else in play here. This should not be the case as you & I have similar upgraded audio equipment. Yet, I still receive the OTAs as normal. @Hemmy posted this a few pages back (post “198)…

”I just read on the f150gen14 forum that there may be an issue the device that receives the OTA's needing to be updated or replaced.”

Could it be that your particular “device” is faulty? A few posts later, another member here commented his Sync 4 needed an update and that solved his problem. Do you know if the dealer attempted any of this?

I’d hate that you’d have to resort to the constant changing of your sub just to receives updates. What’s the latest update they give you, btw?

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@gobluejd & @Hemmy, I just saw this posted by another member…perhaps give it a shot.

This is the process i went through and now my truck gets updates OTA. When you call the number provided, tell them your not receiving OTA updates. They should try to push an update to your truck. They could see it was not responding in my case. They set up a visit with my dealership in Sulphur Springs, TX to update a module. Once the module was updated the delaership could see all the new updates with there software they could not access or see before the module update. Dealership then installed the updates and truck has recieved 3 or 4 OTA updates since then. Tell your dealership to look into the TSB-22-2404. If your up for the drive Chance in service @ Tolliver Ford in Sulphur Springs, TX knows exactly how to do this.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@gobluejd, here’s that number btw…

I had the same problem. Called Ford (833)389-0848. Told them I've not received any updates. They did some testing while on the phone in the truck. Confirmed there was an issue and started a case. TSB-22-2404 was the problem. Took it to the dealership and they updated a module and then got all updates. NO CHARGE.
Hope this helps.

Hemmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I called that number last week and the Sync customer support guy said my Sync is up to date and my modem is working and able to receive updates. Dealer had my truck two days ago and said the same thing.

gobluejd

HAIL!!!
Reaction score
Called and spent about 20 mins with a guy. He went through a bunch of question and got my sync and modem serial numbers. He suspects when I went and had it done at dealer it reset me in line. But regardless he escalated it and someone should call me back in 2 business days and created a case. Another thing which he asked, which I have seen floating around the forums is that he asked if I was setting the emergency brake. Which I thought was BS. But he said that helps. And also to make sure your default time for updates is not 12:00am.

I will update as it comes. He said that some SYNC and Modems (with corresponding serial numbers) are having issues and that if mine was one of them, they will get it to dealer.