Software Update for Full Screen CarPlay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bubbasuwannee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still no update here. Wifi, parking brake, trickle charger on battery, scheduled for 0100. Multiple resets. Haven't called the number yet. Not worth my time if I have to mess with the dealer.

Teledatgeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still no update here. Wifi, parking brake, trickle charger on battery, scheduled for 0100. Multiple resets. Haven't called the number yet. Not worth my time if I have to mess with the dealer.
I think a dealer will need to be involved. I agree though may not be worth it - it was for me as I had received no updates in 13 months of ownership

Last edited:

JeepSRT8

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its sad this is what its come to, to get our trucks to update.

Hemmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still haven't received an update either. Received my truck in September of 21.

JeepSRT8

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I called in again, they said my update has been downloading for about a week. Not sure why it would take so long, even when connected to WiFi. They said if I don't get it by the 8th when the update times out, to take it into the dealer to force an update (even though my dealer said they couldn't) to add to it, I noticed my screen has several dead pixels now. the truck that keeps on giving.

1677610203897.png

Hemmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sept 21' truck here as well.
I called in again, they said my update has been downloading for about a week. Not sure why it would take so long, even when connected to WiFi. They said if I don't get it by the 8th when the update times out, to take it into the dealer to force an update (even though my dealer said they couldn't) to add to it, I noticed my screen has several dead pixels now. the truck that keeps on giving.

View attachment 395732
I just read on the f150gen14 forum that there may be an issue the the device that receives the OTA's needing to be updated or replaced. Sounds like there may have been some issues in some of the 21 trucks. There are some different forums on the OTA's on that forum.

FREEZE451

Reaction score
Just returned from the dealer with full screen android auto.

They, Ryan, informed me that there isn't a specific update for android auto and it's simply a Sync 4 update they ran - which worked. I have full screen, and all my mods to forscan as well as remained (was worried about that for some reason).

So...

I'll add to the pile that an update, which is claimed to be possible OTA, was done in the shop for the Sync 4 and now I have full screen android auto.

Go team.

Bubbasuwannee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just read on the f150gen14 forum that there may be an issue the the device that receives the OTA's needing to be updated or replaced. Sounds like there may have been some issues in some of the 21 trucks. There are some different forums on the OTA's on that forum.

Good info, thanks! Going to register over there and see if I can get my Vin checked. Sounds very similar. I also have an issue setting the update schedule. It won't save unless I set the schedule and do a reset of the system(PWR+Track FWD buttons) while on the schedule screen.