Software Update for Full Screen CarPlay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RPG9

RPG9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can this update be applied over the air?
As of now, no. You have to go to your dealer and have a APIM update. It takes a couple of hours and have read where the update doesn’t always take the first time, so they have to do it again. Maybe this changes in the future… not sure.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the idea of it but I will pass at this time. I don't think id ever use it. I always have the radio channel always showing there in the small section.

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the idea of it but I will pass at this time. I don't think id ever use it. I always have the radio channel always showing there in the small section.
Yeah, it would be perfect if the song could show in the middle of the speedo cluster in the place of calm mode, or fuel economy or whatever.

Teledatgeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question - just picked up my '21. I was assured they did the APIM update and I have the latest sync version. I didn't read the paperwork as well as I should have until I got home, but it states the vehicle has the latest and of course no full screen Car Play. The service advisor suggests bring the truck back tomorrow after they have had it for 5 days for my dead battery issue. Super frustrating as this is the second attempt for both fixes (battery and the sync update). Is there anything I can look at on Sync that tells me the actual version? SA says they have to hook it up to the FDRS machine/analyzer to tell.

cdiddy4224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These are starting to roll out (albeit slow AF) via OTA updates....seems like more and more folks are posting they got it overnight. Unfortunately I havent got it yet

Teledatgeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These are starting to roll out (albeit slow AF) via OTA updates....seems like more and more folks are posting they got it overnight. Unfortunately I havent got it yet
Will they roll out to 2021's? Thought I saw where they wouldn't but maybe I'm mistaken.