Software Update for Full Screen CarPlay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepSRT8

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just called, they said my truck has a pending update. Yet still haven't gotten it. Hopefully soon

Teledatgeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just called, they said my truck has a pending update. Yet still haven't gotten it. Hopefully soon
What year is your truck? My first chat with the sync group, they did the same thing. When I pushed, they said to call that number - that rep was pretty good and was also able to confirm they had send directions back to the dealer after my truck was there. My dealer hadn't seen or acted on those directions until I called and pushed more... took way more effort than it should have but it's finally fixed.

JeepSRT8

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Call # also mentioned to make sure the car had its parking brake on which I wasn't doing. Went to check now and it finally said I have a update, but then it dissapeared and says up to date, with no update happening. Who knows.

JeepSRT8

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What year is your truck? My first chat with the sync group, they did the same thing. When I pushed, they said to call that number - that rep was pretty good and was also able to confirm they had send directions back to the dealer after my truck was there. My dealer hadn't seen or acted on those directions until I called and pushed more... took way more effort than it should have but it's finally fixed.

JeepSRT8

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The directions are pretty basic, is your car parked in a safe area, connected to wifi ,80% battery, parking brake on. She also said to put the schedule maintanince around mindihgt, but not exactly midnight for some reason.

Teledatgeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same as mine. My dealer said that Ford indicated the database for my update was corrupted or something. Said it took them all day. Hopefully your dealer is motivated to help you. You likely also have the wiper motor recall they can get done too...

Teledatgeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The directions are pretty basic, is your car parked in a safe area, connected to wifi ,80% battery, parking brake on. She also said to put the schedule maintanince around mindihgt, but not exactly midnight for some reason.
All black magic suggestions IMHO. Be curious if that really works.

JeepSRT8

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same as mine. My dealer said that Ford indicated the database for my update was corrupted or something. Said it took them all day. Hopefully your dealer is motivated to help you. You likely also have the wiper motor recall they can get done too...
Mine was at the dealer for 3 weeks, got all the recal work done. I am doing this on my own. May be black magic, but as soon as I put the parking brake on, it said I had a update (that then quickly dissapeared)