Software Update for Full Screen CarPlay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepSRT8

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently got my update but how do they occur? I know it’s cellular and not over the internet but is it sent out over a certain region? Where all F150’s in a specific area get the update. I can’t wrap my head around how it seems so random on who gets it and who doesn’t.
It is likely a mix of things, could be tied to location, production date, current software itteration. I am also guessing it might have to do with your current phone update. Like if my phone still isn't able to get the latest Android Auto update (8.8.6) while I am still on 8.6.6, that if the car does update I wouldnt see any update to Andriod Auto. Purely conjecture, but seems like the Apple folks have been getting it sooner =P

Teledatgeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently got my update but how do they occur? I know it’s cellular and not over the internet but is it sent out over a certain region? Where all F150’s in a specific area get the update. I can’t wrap my head around how it seems so random on who gets it and who doesn’t.
I actually think updates occur over WiFi if your truck is connected to a WiFi network...

JeepSRT8

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ah, I didn't realize that. Maybe that's my problem. AT&T at my house is just terrible...
You can provide your vin on that forum and someone can let you know if it was pushed out to you via OTA and what the issue is. Usually it can be due to battery state of charge or and issue with your truck where it is stuck on an old version.

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've even gone so far as to activate the free 3 month ATT mobile hotspot. Desperate times call for desperate measures...
Not sure if that would do anything, like I said above I would check out that gen 14 forum. Crazy amount of smart people and dedication over there to help. Even if you don't go the DIY route they can give you info about your truck that some dealers are still oblivious to.

JeepSRT8

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure if that would do anything, like I said above I would check out that gen 14 forum. Crazy amount of smart people and dedication over there to help. Even if you don't go the DIY route they can give you info about your truck that some dealers are still oblivious to.
Just in Jest. Truck is currently at dealership for a few minor things and was going into deep sleep mode. Most likely preventing it from updating.