Software Update for Full Screen CarPlay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdneally1

Reaction score
I didn't get the update until I scheduled a time for it even though I have auto update turned on. That seemed to work! Now I want a feature that allows full screen on everything, not just CarPlay. Lol

Fireman Dave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am showing a SYNC Version of 4.0.22230 in the Ford Pass App. Truck was built 2/01 and still shows in production. Is this the latest version?

JeepSRT8

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been noticing my truck when looking at it through the Ford App is going into deep sleep. Thinking this may be preventing the car from updating during scheduled updates. I'll have to have the dealership look into that issue.

So-Cal-Al-52

I Love Fossil Fuel
Reaction score
Deep sleep should only happen if you have a low battery I believe. Any electrical issues? Mine updated overnight in my garage. I have never seen deep sleep mode unless the vehicles sits long term. But that may be the problem.

JeepSRT8

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Deep sleep should only happen if you have a low battery I believe. Any electrical issues? Mine updated overnight in my garage. I have never seen deep sleep mode unless the vehicles sits long term. But that may be the problem.
I looked it up. Seems to be a issue with a lot of people. Supposedly a software issue. Battery is fine and stong. No issues with voltage. :(

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked it up. Seems to be a issue with a lot of people. Supposedly a software issue. Battery is fine and stong. No issues with voltage. :(
I battled deep sleep issues since delivery in April. After thinking it was a few issues and still having the notice pop up, I traced it to a bad battery. Are you checking voltage with the engine off and after sitting for a few hours? Should be above 12.2v, full charge would be 12.6v. Mine would settle between 12.1-11.9. I believe the truck will give the deep sleep notice if it gets to 11.8.

dirtlvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it has to be a randomized crap shoot.. for some reason, my auto update was off, I turned back on yesterday, in middle of day.. and when I drove home that option was 'greyed out' and not able to turn back on..but the 'info on update' screen described the update.. and after getting home and then leaving to get some food about 20 min later, the auto option is back on..

moral of story.. it updated as of this morning, so.. yes, I giggled like a little school boy that identified as a girl.. :oops::rolleyes::D It does look a lot better for sure.. next they should allow that for other screens as an option...?

can't add much to this thread except the fact it does go OTA, so the dealers that are even thinking and getting paid money to do this is just disgusting.. Sir, it will do it on it's own...or we can charge you couple hundred bucks for us to take in back, park it.. and let the antenna/modme do it's thing...errr.. I mean, uhmm.. I will have my tech dedicate his morning to sitting with a computer hooked up to your truck and have him watch the screen.. usually there's a circle that keeps spinning and I will have him keep an eye on that circle and make sure it gets done.

side note.. I believe the scheduling aspect of it is when there's an update that needs the truck to not be operated.. prob not that often I would hope/think, but that's what I saw for that option. Just leaving the auto on will/should allow you to get this kind of update.

Just back from lunch, and looked at my auto update after reading your post. It was off. And I know it 'was' on. Just last Friday I double checked all my settings, auto update was on, and I had a schedule set for updates too. So I toggled it back on and it stayed on. Then just for grins, I toggled it off and got the warning message below. Looks like it’s happening now, OTA as I'm not at home on wifi.

E696528B-AAE1-4C39-A493-A0F393726C57.jpeg

Last edited:

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my 22 on a maintainer charger and it went into deep sleep after sitting for about two weeks. I have it wired to the cable terminals where Ford recommends, not clamped to the battery posts. I guessed it went into deep sleep from not having been started, and not low voltage. I hope mine went deep sleep dye to time, not voltage.

Pismobound

Reaction score
I recently got my update but how do they occur? I know it’s cellular and not over the internet but is it sent out over a certain region? Where all F150’s in a specific area get the update. I can’t wrap my head around how it seems so random on who gets it and who doesn’t.