Softopper Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SHOOTER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I pulled the trigger on this mod finally. With our newborn twins, we had a trip to grandma's house on the schedule for 4th of July weekend. I wanted something easy to store, easy to put up and easy to completely remove. I didn't want a tonneau cover and it wouldn't have provided enough storage for all the baby stuff anyway. I also didn't want a hard topper that I cussed everytime I need to remove it or was somewhere I needed to haul something. This solution seemed to fit my criteria and I had seen a few around town here in Denver.

These Softoppers are made up in Boulder and work fantastically. They look decent, almost like a tent for your truck. Install was pretty straight forward. One downside was it acted like a sail going down I-70 and whipped me a couple of times from strong gusts of wind. However, it worked perfectly for our trip with room to spare after the double stroller, swing, luggage, baby stuff, nanny luggage, etc, etc, etc.....

Highly recommended!

oh, and lookie at my mid perch!

Attachments

• IMAG0322.jpg
    IMAG0322.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 1,797
  • IMAG0323.jpg
    IMAG0323.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 998
Last edited:

Baldwin09

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice! thinking of doing the same but for a place to put my dogs for trips might have to do some research on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kurt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I you don't mind about how much did the topper run you ? And what model did you go with ?

OP
OP
SHOOTER

SHOOTER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The price is listed online ($659) and you just need to search for a standard f-150. I bought a cover too, that was an extra $50 or so . Mine has a rear plastic vinyl window, but you can get a mesh one for your dogs or camping.

Slamson00

Reaction score
Hello. New to the forum and looking into maybe buying a 2020 Raptor after the first of the year.

Does anyone know if Softopper makes one specifically for the raptor? I read above that the one installed there is for a standard f150 but I still the raptor bed wider than then f150?

Sorry for the stupid question as I would so be new to the full size truck world too. Thanks