GEN 1 SoCal Raptor INDEPENDENT Repair / Maintenance facility

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RC51TOFUMAN

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks brother. Want me to drop your name as a reference when I go in?
Sure thing yes
-Tyler Lee 2013 Silver Screw
See Fyel castaneda
They have other 1st Gen and a 2nd customers that go there as they state.

But after talking to Fyel and one of their techs they seem to know what their talking about. Not your neighborhood Jiffy lube shop

They have at least 4 lifts at minimal from what I remember.
Check out their websites
Autoclub certified and ASE
I dropped off at 7 and it was ready by 12

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

SKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going to try and revive this posting. Has anyone else taken their rig to Laguna Woods for service? Looking for a shop closer to home (Torrance area). Thanks.

OP
OP
RC51TOFUMAN

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am due for service.
I was going to change the oil myself however.....I need to rotate the tires and see how much brake pad thickness I have left.

With that being said....going to my local dealer....
-the works package
(Includes tire rotation, tipoff fluids, brake inspection, oil filter, and 6 quarts of their shop oil)
Using my oil...........

tales_from_the_crimp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going to try and revive this posting. Has anyone else taken their rig to Laguna Woods for service? Looking for a shop closer to home (Torrance area). Thanks.

I have. Fyel definitely took care of me. Replaced axles, tie rods, vacuum lines, front pads/rotors and the vacuum hubs on my 2013 raptor.

They also dropped me off at my work 2 times during the few days they worked on it. Seemed to charge a fair price for all the work. Worked quickly as well. Would use them again.

OP
OP
RC51TOFUMAN

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have. Fyel definitely took care of me. Replaced axles, tie rods, vacuum lines, front pads/rotors and the vacuum hubs on my 2013 raptor.

They also dropped me off at my work 2 times during the few days they worked on it. Seemed to charge a fair price for all the work. Worked quickly as well. Would use them again.
[emoji108]

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd be willing to meet up and turn some wrenches with some of you if you are interested? I'm in Newport. I don't own my raptor yet but my father does and Im pricing now. Plan on doing all of the work like plugs wires fluid swaps myself. Plenty of YouTube Videos out there and I've been working on Jeeps for over 10 years now.

tales_from_the_crimp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be willing to meet up and turn some wrenches with some of you if you are interested? I'm in Newport. I don't own my raptor yet but my father does and Im pricing now. Plan on doing all of the work like plugs wires fluid swaps myself. Plenty of YouTube Videos out there and I've been working on Jeeps for over 10 years now.

I’m down. I have a 4 ton floor jack, jack stands, dewalt impact gun, sockets etc and a 2 car driveway to work in.
I replaced the rear shocks myself 9 months ago.

I need my truck for work so I had to have a shop handle some stuff because they could do it faster but I agree with your mindset in doing most of the work yourself when you can.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m down. I have a 4 ton floor jack, jack stands, dewalt impact gun, sockets etc and a 2 car driveway to work in.
I replaced the rear shocks myself 9 months ago.

I need my truck for work so I had to have a shop handle some stuff because they could do it faster but I agree with your mindset in doing most of the work yourself when you can.

Sorry I didn't mean to hijack the thread. I just get excited to meet up, wrench on the truck and drinks some beers. I learn so much from other people and their skills. I don't have my raptor yet. my father does and I still drive a Jeep JKU. But I have all impact wrenches, MityVAC, AirLift for radiator, and welding metal working equipment. If I can play my cards right in the next coming months I'll have a 2020 to work on.

OP
OP
RC51TOFUMAN

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I was just there Friday....he thanks you for going to his facility in doing the work.
I was there for routine maintenance. He gave me better pricing on The Works package offered by the Ford Dealer.
I needed my tires rotated and I wasn't going to do it myself. So I hitup Fyel...
He did the same service Dealer would in the Works package. If it wasn't for the Tire Rotation ....I would've done the oil change myself. Plus I wanted to see how much brake pads I had left......
Laguna Woods Auto Repair is ASE certified and they do the 28 point inspection.

He found that my tie rod boots were ripped so ....I'll need to get those replaced.
Great place.....

For all of you....before you go to your usual place or dealer, Give Fyel at Laguna Woods Auto Repair a call...see if he can match or beat the price....what the dealer is offering you.
I wanna say that they can beat the prices out there with quality work.

I'm out...