GEN 1 SoCal Molded Lead Frame service

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruckus08

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
9 seems low. I ended up with 11.5 quarts when doing myself, but I did install the larger tranny cooler at same time. Still, the cooler only holds maybe 1/2 quart of fluid. Wouldn’t account for other 2 quarts.
I also let the tranny drain for about 5hours which likely isn’t the case at the dealership. May have been 2 quarts of residual old fluid in there somewhere on your truck.
As I mentioned before, I’d get under the truck and check the tranny fluid now. Don’t wait for next service. You can at least check when it’s cold or slightly warm. If your level is at the bottom of the lower hashing marks you should be good (that’s the intent of those bottom hash marks; testing while cold). I’ll guess, though, that you won’t see any fluid on the dipstick with 9 quarts. Small amount of work to make sure you aren’t putting your transmission at risk.

kidkotic2001

Reaction score
I think this is exactly what is happening to me, it has that harsh jump from 3d to 4th and sometimes drops down. I had the recall with the reflash and it kind of went away but now it started to do it again and it is really bad. I am driving and bam shift is harsh and stalls. If this is a recall I it should be free, I will let you know what I hear back. Mine is a 2013 with 108k