So why do it this way?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVT Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just don't get while after a while, Ford would start telling these dealers to STOP taking orders. I mean, if they are not going to schedule the dang trucks, why let them continue to give out DORA's for them? While a lot of us are getting frustrated with the dealer, I think it is misdirected. I am as ready as the next guy having ordered 4/19, but i cant really look at the dealer to blame as it is not like they are selling trucks out from other people. It also seems to be the guys selling them cheapest that are having the most problems. Does anyone have the info to the regional sales rep in Houston or an email address so maybe I can start directing our questions towards him? Anyone have a great answer to my question?

Kris

comagt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You said it yourself, the guys selling the cheapest have the most problems. They have an increase in demand on a limited supply. This is a limited production vehicle and the dealers have to deal. In order to get more than their current allotment, they have to make deals with Ford. Move X amount of this for us and here is another allotment. If you can find a high volume truck dealer with a good price, and they don't have a long line, it should go faster.

lane_change

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was told by Curtis at Ryan Ford that they are the number one selling Raptor dealership around Houston or Texas...I believe he said their allotment was 54 or so a year, which should get them around one per week. Now they are lucky to get one per month, and have orders backed up 6-8 deep waiting. I'm number 3 still and I also ordered from this dealership on April 19th. One of the blokes ahead of us at Ryan Ford just got his delivery date at 5 1/2 months from order to delivery and it seems to be moving even slower now. So we would be looking at 6-7 month deliveries....maybe. That's November for a new 2013. Not gonna happen, our orders will either have to be cancelled and refunded or changed over to 2014 models at this rate.

trafficman337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was told by Curtis at Ryan Ford that they are the number one selling Raptor dealership around Houston or Texas...I believe he said their allotment was 54 or so a year, which should get them around one per week. Now they are lucky to get one per month, and have orders backed up 6-8 deep waiting. I'm number 3 still and I also ordered from this dealership on April 19th. One of the blokes ahead of us at Ryan Ford just got his delivery date at 5 1/2 months from order to delivery and it seems to be moving even slower now. So we would be looking at 6-7 month deliveries....maybe. That's November for a new 2013. Not gonna happen, our orders will either have to be cancelled and refunded or changed over to 2014 models at this rate.

That is not good news at all, for any of us in the Unscheduled Clean Club. I would think by August 1, Ford will have to put some of us out of our misery and let us know what is going on with our orders. I feel for you, as you are almost a month ahead of me. I would think the Raptor is a classic example of "Supply and Demand." Obviously, there is not enough supply to meet the demand. Something has to give. :fca5278d:

jlatigo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
???? i see plenty of them on the ground at diff dealerships, make some calls and see if they want to move one at the price you have for the other place, its a very quick and easy sell for these guys.

lane_change

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was cool waiting to save the cost difference between MSRP and invoice for the truck and I have not found a single place willing to work on the price more than $500 or so from MSRP. Maybe I should try again and see what happens.

ctozzi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in a lease with my 11' Platinum right now with a year left on it. My brother is taking over the lease hopefully by November 13' when his lease expires on his car. I ordered 5-1-13, and got my DORA 5-3-13. If the truck isn't in my hands in 6 months time I'll probably cancel the order and get something off a dealer lot for a bit more $$. I am able to wait a bit longer than most, but if it does take 6 months+ I'll be pretty disappointed after all the waiting and calling.