So, what is the fast speed you've done in your Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think if you plan on going faster than 80 MPH offroading, tires are key. And so is the vehicle. I think it's obvious to the most casual observer that the truck pictured here is set up for the ultimate in high speed offroading.

Where is that sarcasm icon

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My posted is with duratracs. I will agree that how long you travel at high speed will affect your outcome.

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thankfully the SVT team designed the Raptor for high speed off-road travel (up to 100 mph) and it comes with S rated tires. Has there ever been another vehicle come off the factory line with a dvd telling you how to jump your Raptor safely? That's why we love our beasts and use them as designed!!!

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree but Shortbed made it sound like the stock tires weren't designed to go faster than 80 mph and that's not true. The Raptor is designed to go up to 100 mph stock. If the driver is ready/capable of that is a whole other issue.

Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree but Shortbed made it sound like the stock tires weren't designed to go faster than 80 mph and that's not true. The Raptor is designed to go up to 100 mph stock. If the driver is ready/capable of that is a whole other issue.

No, that post with the yellow street queen/monstrosity was supposed to be a joke, but instead is starting to derail this thread.

I agree Raptor was designed to go 100 MPH stock both on and offroad. The stock tires are fine at those speeds - probably fine at much higher speeds for short duration.

So would I go 130 MPH on stock tires? Maybe. But certainly not on a highway with other vehicles. There was a video where the raptor was starting to roll from side to side at about 130 MPH. Not that great when other vehicles are so close IMHO.

Having two or three life insurance policies is great, but does not help the family in a minivan that is taken out because the Raptor's tire is blown and all control is lost.

D

Deleted member 12951

Where is that video? And I never said or implied that I was going to drive over 100 with traffic. If I do its on an open road (interstate yes but empty) or off-road