So put the Livernois Tune on my 21..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Torchy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Thought I’d give y’all my feedback on the whole deal.

Got the tuner about a month ago. It was a moderate process to get the tune in the truck. You have to go under the hood and plug in modules there to install it. Not the easiest tune install I’ve ever done. Btw been tuning on coyotes since 2013 via sct.

So very first day drove it around for 30-40 miles to let it learn. Then second day, went WOT and I get a check engine light, flashing, as while WOT. Immediately after as I’m on the highway, the whole truck is shaking decently hard. Thought I blew the engine but didn’t.

Light went off 20 seconds later and truck went back to normal.

I think I can hear the engine detonating, at about 4,200 and beyond it really falls on its face.

Last week I called them and told them what was going on. They told me all the standard stuff like change brands of gas and yada. Also told me to use gauge mode on handheld and see if it was knocking. Told me I could fill out a tune support form.

I hooked up tuner and set up gauge mode today but I don’t understand their pids. I think it’s pulling timing. Took a vid but went WOT today and it did the same thing as a month ago to the T. I think you can hear detonation in the vid.

Got a cylinder 6 misfire code after the engine light went off.

Filled out their tune support form.

Guess we’ll see what happens. Truck is bone stock.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What is the advantage of doing this Livernois vs a very effective and simple tune like Goosetune/COBB/MPT?

Why are we going under hoods and unplugging stuff? I'm thoroughly confused.

HELP.

Last edited:

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I don’t understand is why the livernois tune requires you to unplug/replug a bunch of stuff under the hood multiple times, and the whipple tune is just your standard ob2 plug in tune. Did I miss something in either set of instructions? The whipple tomahawk instructions are near impossible to find online, at least Livernois is more upfront with how their tune needs to be installed.

Oh yeah and you have to dig really really really deep to find out whipple doesn’t let you save your stock tune, and even when you email them to get it back they don’t send you the stock tune file you gave them.

I thought the reason these two tunes came out more quickly was because they had an agreement with Ford and they didn’t have to crack the PCM? Why do we have to jump through all these hoops then? And what is the procedure going to look like with Cobb who doesn’t even seem interested in working with Ford?

Rant over. Sorry you’re having these issues with your tune, that should never happen with a conservative OTS tune, and frankly doesn’t make me feel like they understand how this new 3.5 HO behaves.

beachz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMHO, this is why you haven't seen the other tuners releasing devices and tunes. @GooseTuned and other reputable tuners are NOT going to release a half ass'd product that is not safe.

Last edited:

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I've never put a tuner on my trucks but have on every Harley I own. I would think Livernois would be all over that to get it right before they released a tune?!

OP
OP
T

Torchy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update:

So they sent me a new tune and it was a little easier than I first thought it would be. Loaded the new tune in yesterday. So far the truck seems to run a lot better. Still kinda scared to got WOT but that is the next test. Will keep yall posted.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it all sounds pretty hokie to me. I went to their web site and only see the 17-20 Raptor listed. The instructions are for downloading the stock tune and sending it to them. If you can, send me or post up their instructions on what you’re doing under the hood.

vgzprt

Reaction score
I have a 2022 and had their tune since April or May. I run the race tune unless I tow my boat about 10k then I use their daily drive towing tune. I know 10K is to much not looking for any lessons on towing! Truck handles just fine after few modifications.
My truck had 3500 miles when the tune was installed and not one issue so far. I hope it stays that way.
For all the happy costumers it is very rare for someone to start a post and say that they are happy about a product but as soon as something goes wrong people go to the Internet and post negative comments. Not saying it's right or wrong it's just how human beings work we rarely praise others or products but are quick to judge.
I am guilty of this my self.
The tune and the transmission shifting is awesome for me. I feel it was money well spent! Wife had her Q8 turned with APR and that was a junk compared to the Livernois tune in the Raptor. My BMW tunes were always good but nothing comes close to a good Diesel tune 6.6 Duramax or 6.7 Power Stroke
All these things will help you to find the weakest link in your drivetrain. Things will fail sooner as they are run harder at higher revs and temps and you will be holding the bill for it sooner or later.

Enjoy the tune I love mine and would do it again.