So put the Livernois Tune on my 21..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gen3Rappy

Reaction score
OP, my 21 had the same identical problem and it was not tuned ford could not fig it out, so got tired of not being able to do WOT sold it and got a 22. Night and day from the 21, it as if ford caught the issue and made adjustments for 22.

OP
OP
T

Torchy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting responses.

I was a little upset at first but put this new tune in and all seems to be well now. I can go WOT problem free. Will prob still data log it to make sure it's all good.

OP
OP
T

Torchy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2022 and had their tune since April or May. I run the race tune unless I tow my boat about 10k then I use their daily drive towing tune. I know 10K is to much not looking for any lessons on towing! Truck handles just fine after few modifications.
My truck had 3500 miles when the tune was installed and not one issue so far. I hope it stays that way.
For all the happy costumers it is very rare for someone to start a post and say that they are happy about a product but as soon as something goes wrong people go to the Internet and post negative comments. Not saying it's right or wrong it's just how human beings work we rarely praise others or products but are quick to judge.
I am guilty of this my self.
The tune and the transmission shifting is awesome for me. I feel it was money well spent! Wife had her Q8 turned with APR and that was a junk compared to the Livernois tune in the Raptor. My BMW tunes were always good but nothing comes close to a good Diesel tune 6.6 Duramax or 6.7 Power Stroke
All these things will help you to find the weakest link in your drivetrain. Things will fail sooner as they are run harder at higher revs and temps and you will be holding the bill for it sooner or later.

Enjoy the tune I love mine and would do it again.
At WOT do you know what your factory boost guage is reading?

Mine is 19psi. I went with their 87-93 performance/towing tune. The 91-93 octane tune scares me due to low quality fuel in my area.

ChaseH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id bet its just coincidence Alot of guys who have done nothing have had coils go bad. I had one at 7300 miles, same exact thing you describe happened. Over a week or so it happened more and more frequently.