So much for significantly undercutting the trx msrp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rcasa20

Reaction score
FCA dealership experience is seriously lacking, and one of the few reasons why I am hesitant to buy the TRX. It is appealing, RAM makes THE nicest truck interior among all truck makers. Wish I could trust the service departments, because as with all new vehicles (FCA especially), there will be recalls, TSB’s, and specific work that will be needed that only the dealer can perform.

I Had a wrangler, 2020. 3 recalls, 2 TSB’s, 3 warranty issues. Experiences with three different dealers in the area, all below average. And never trusted them with my vehicle.

And for those that may chime in saying Ford isn’t much better - try and test the waters. Go buy an FCA vehicle. You’ll see what I mean and then agree any Ford service is better than FCA.
All dependent on ur dealers. I have an F150 and a Redeye and I look forward to oil changes at Dodge and feel like all my local Ford dealerships provide an experience that feels like going to a dentist!!

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have 6 Cybertruck reservations. 3 flavors X2!

Nah kidding. Heck for a 100 bucks a pop anyone can do it for the hell of it. Electrics one day will be king. But I have to wait until they are out and what they truly look like in the flesh and how they perform and hold up. Should be Interesting soon.

RTG

Reaction score
FCA dealership experience is seriously lacking, and one of the few reasons why I am hesitant to buy the TRX. It is appealing, RAM makes THE nicest truck interior among all truck makers. Wish I could trust the service departments, because as with all new vehicles (FCA especially), there will be recalls, TSB’s, and specific work that will be needed that only the dealer can perform.

I Had a wrangler, 2020. 3 recalls, 2 TSB’s, 3 warranty issues. Experiences with three different dealers in the area, all below average. And never trusted them with my vehicle.

And for those that may chime in saying Ford isn’t much better - try and test the waters. Go buy an FCA vehicle. You’ll see what I mean and then agree any Ford service is better than FCA.
Dealership issues are at the local level. Our home town Ford dealer sucks and the FCA dealer is a great service oriented group. There are bad Ford dealers too.

Sgt Beavis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fellas, this is simple. If it’s too expensive, don’t frakin’ buy it. Ford and Ram are charging what they think they can get. You know dealers will tack on as much BS as they think they can get. They do it because they KNOW someone will buy it. The moment folks turn around and walk away, those prices will start coming down.

Look at the price of lesser trucks. A Lariat is easily north of 60K now. The GMC AT4 is over 60K. Anything considered Luxury is going north in price. Work trucks are getting a bit more pricey too but not nearly as much as the luxury trims. The biggest difference, for now, is that we’re not seeing the $10000+ discounts that usually come around for so called “Truck Month”. The discounts are $5K this time. I think that is due to demand and shortages so that may return to normal next year (perhaps later). But the Raptor has never been in that category. Lots of people were very surprised that I got my 2019 for $61K (MSRP $69900). I got lucky in that a dealer has overbought Raptors from other dealers around the country and needed to move inventory.

It’s just amazing to me how trucks have become the luxury standard of the automotive world in the USA. I was looking at a BMW M340i. MSRP was $64K. The dealer had 200 miles on it and was offering it for $58K. The salesman offered it to me for $52K. . I was ready to buy it but my wife talked me out of it by pointing out that I’m a truck guy. I’ve never kept a sedan or sports car for more than a year, but I’ve usually kept my trucks longer. Still, the vanguards of automotive ‘luxury’ are getting kicked in the ass by Tesla and the fact that most American’s want a pickup truck as their luxury vehicle.

It’s a weird world we live in..

Cobraman044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fellas, this is simple. If it’s too expensive, don’t frakin’ buy it. Ford and Ram are charging what they think they can get. You know dealers will tack on as much BS as they think they can get. They do it because they KNOW someone will buy it. The moment folks turn around and walk away, those prices will start coming down.

Look at the price of lesser trucks. A Lariat is easily north of 60K now. The GMC AT4 is over 60K. Anything considered Luxury is going north in price. Work trucks are getting a bit more pricey too but not nearly as much as the luxury trims. The biggest difference, for now, is that we’re not seeing the $10000+ discounts that usually come around for so called “Truck Month”. The discounts are $5K this time. I think that is due to demand and shortages so that may return to normal next year (perhaps later). But the Raptor has never been in that category. Lots of people were very surprised that I got my 2019 for $61K (MSRP $69900). I got lucky in that a dealer has overbought Raptors from other dealers around the country and needed to move inventory.

It’s just amazing to me how trucks have become the luxury standard of the automotive world in the USA. I was looking at a BMW M340i. MSRP was $64K. The dealer had 200 miles on it and was offering it for $58K. The salesman offered it to me for $52K. . I was ready to buy it but my wife talked me out of it by pointing out that I’m a truck guy. I’ve never kept a sedan or sports car for more than a year, but I’ve usually kept my trucks longer. Still, the vanguards of automotive ‘luxury’ are getting kicked in the ass by Tesla and the fact that most American’s want a pickup truck as their luxury vehicle.

It’s a weird world we live in..

I was in the same boat at the end of 2019. Found a dealer that over bought. Had 6 of them and got it for $7200 off MSRP. That was a weird time for truck sales and they needed to get them off the lots. My local dealer even went and delivered it to me for free so that they had the sale on their books. If you are willing to wait it will happen again but may be a few years after all the shortage crap goes away.

jjm047

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Raising the base price by 20% is pretty aggressive. Ford has ****** up a decent amount with this release and that’s one element that will exclude thousands of previous customers.

The R will be at least 100K. There will be very few of them on the street, but they’ll still out sell the TRX handily.

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
Raising the base price by 20% is pretty aggressive. Ford has ****** up a decent amount with this release and that’s one element that will exclude thousands of previous customers.

The R will be at least 100K. There will be very few of them on the street, but they’ll still out sell the TRX handily.
The R outselling the TRX? When you‘re talking $75,000 -$80,000 for a 3rd Gen Raptor or TRX, and then $100,000 for the Raptor R, I don’t see the R outselling either truck.

KillerBlackbird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe the R will be a more affordable, lighter weight, V8 option? Complete opposite of what everyone thinks it will be.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm not usually one to complain about pricing but this seems egregious. Not saying a Gen 3 isn't eventually in my future but I think Ford might rethink some things (option packages) in the next year or 2. Not sure why they think the Gen 3 should be $15k-$20k more than last gen.