So much for significantly undercutting the trx msrp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I think the increase was similar from the 2014 to the 2017. I think my sticker for my 2014 Special Edition was around 55K. The 2017-2020 with similar equipment was 74K+. I don’t like price increases either, but this is nothing new.
in 2017 you only needed 69k for a loaded 802A. 801a was about 10k less.
Gen 3 is barely evolutionary besides the coil spring rear end. And the 37 is an OPTION. Even without that option the truck is a good $15k more than a similarly equipped 2020
OTOH, Ford has to EPA/CAFE/ETC certify both 35 and 37 trucks, then QA and endurance test them.

Everyone thought the Gen2 was overpriced. It was and is and I own one. Unfortunately for all of us, there is a segment of Raptor buyers who are not only willing to pay $25k over MSRP for the latest model Raptor, they’re already lined up. Behind them are the $15k over, and so on.

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m in AL biz, sell to Ford. Exactly 1 year ago CU was around $2.23 & AL was $.65, today CU is $4.50+ & LME AL trading bout $1.10....oh yeah & the midwest premium (kinda like “ADM” in the AL manufacturing biz) - that went from $.08/lb to $.244/lb for delivery of prompt metal

you guys are aware these things are made outta aluminum right? Including the motor/trans/t-case/front diff/running boards & A-arms.....we are lucky they didn’t raise even higher, I’m sure Ford has a hedge program for their raw inputs which helps

steel is way up from a year ago too-

the guys building a sauna in my basement told me the 2x4s are 2.5x the price from a year ago

It cost me $125 to fill up the Rappy yesterday

welcome to inflation bro

thanks Joe!
Lumber is 320% increase right now... good thing the gen3 is made of AL and not pine lol

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lumber is 320% increase right now... good thing the gen3 is made of AL and not pine lol
No kidding- I figured wood increased more than metals, obviously it didn’t have the same ceiling potential, but it def is a precursor of what’s to come

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
in 2017 you only needed 69k for a loaded 802A. 801a was about 10k less.

OTOH, Ford has to EPA/CAFE/ETC certify both 35 and 37 trucks, then QA and endurance test them.

Everyone thought the Gen2 was overpriced. It was and is and I own one. Unfortunately for all of us, there is a segment of Raptor buyers who are not only willing to pay $25k over MSRP for the latest model Raptor, they’re already lined up. Behind them are the $15k over, and so on.

I didn't think the Gen 2 was priced too high, I thought decently equipped XLT/Lariats were over priced, so I spent another 10k and got a Raptor. That's how I got here.

But in general, the pick up market is out of control, at least, as I suspected, the depreciation hit on the Raptor is minimal and the truck is phenomenal. Raptors are worth the price (if you have the coin) when compared to other 1/2 tons, especially if you never tow, like me.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I didn't think the Gen 2 was priced too high, I thought decently equipped XLT/Lariats were over priced, so I spent another 10k and got a Raptor. That's how I got here.
To be fair, when I bought the only negotiation available was how much over MSRP it was going to cost; 0 - $25k. Remember the Raptorfinder site? So I spent about 7500 more than I wanted to in the first place. I’d have bought an 802a anyway but I did up spend for an actual, available truck.

Raptors are worth the price (if you have the coin) when compared to other 1/2 tons, especially if you never tow, like me.
There’s very little the Rap can’t do or isn’t good at. My perspective is always behind.