So much for significantly undercutting the trx msrp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zela

Reaction score
Lets put things in perspective a little bit here.

Fully loaded 35" Raptor $75k
Fully loaded 35" TRX is $87k+
Fully loaded 37" Raptor $82k

(Go to their website and match the options to the Raptor, and you are getting older tech)

What you get with the Gen 3 Raptor, that you won't get with a TRX.
-Upgraded interior, in my opinion, the new gen 3 Ford interior is superior to the RAM in every way. Go drive a new F150 and than drive the RAM.
-Tuned Fox Live Valves
-New 5 link rear
-Ford Co-Pilot360 2.0 (this is missed but this is top notch self driving tech that you wont get in this Gen of RAM)
-upgraded 37" wheels
-Engineered & warrantied 37" frame (Ford confirmed, you cant just slap 37s on the 35 model)
-upgraded Recaro seats (like it or not, you cant argue the quality)
-a lean and mean v6
-unquestioned offroad performance
-proven ability to hold value long term
-savings at the pump?

Now you are getting a next gen F150, and with the RAM you are buying a gen that's coming up for an upgrade.

So in reality, FORD has undercut RAM. But you are putting your blinders on and expecting a $30k gap.
We have a $13-14k gap and the only advantage that you get with the RAM is the V8. Look at the list of pros for the Raptor.
Not only are you paying much less but depreciation will cost you much less over time.
Then when has a supercharged v8 ever lasted? you can expect those values to dip significantly like every other big block supercharged Dodge.
2019-2020 Raptors with 30-40k miles are still selling for $72k at the dealer lots.
If you plan on owning both for 2-3 years, you will save more than that $13-14k gap today.

jjm047

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Again you can run price comparisons till you’re blue in the face, it’s not that. It’s the fact that they increased the base price of the vehicle by 20%. Not sure what they were thinking there.

either way, none of this matters at the moment. I would be shocked if we saw any Gen 3s on the street before January or February of 2022. Probably later.

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not usually one to complain about pricing but this seems egregious. Not saying a Gen 3 isn't eventually in my future but I think Ford might rethink some things (option packages) in the next year or 2. Not sure why they think the Gen 3 should be $15k-$20k more than last gen.
I would venture to say it’s because of the interior, new suspension and 37 tire option from the factory. It’s one thing for use to make 37s work it’s an entirely different thing to have it come from the factory passing dot regulations and longevity test in mind

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the increase was similar from the 2014 to the 2017. I think my sticker for my 2014 Special Edition was around 55K. The 2017-2020 with similar equipment was 74K+. I don’t like price increases either, but this is nothing new.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would venture to say it’s because of the interior, new suspension and 37 tire option from the factory. It’s one thing for use to make 37s work it’s an entirely different thing to have it come from the factory passing dot regulations and longevity test in mind

I think the increase was similar from the 2014 to the 2017. I think my sticker for my 2014 Special Edition was around 55K. The 2017-2020 with similar equipment was 74K+. I don’t like price increases either, but this is nothing new.
OK but going from Gen1 to Gen2 was a totally new truck. All aluminum and composite body etc etc etc. Gen 3 is barely evolutionary besides the coil spring rear end. And the 37 is an OPTION. Even without that option the truck is a good $15k more than a similarly equipped 2020. Honestly I was expecting the Raptor R model to be priced in the range the V6 model is currently priced at. The R will start at $90k? $100k? Just stupid.

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think it will be an msrp of 100K. But most dealers will try for that or higher. I'm guessing msrp will be about 92K with all the bells and whistling super charger...lol. Not to mention the blue suede interior!

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
People will bring the money if they want it badly enough.

Personally I think $90k and up is just crazy for a truck. 700+HP or not.

gobluejd

HAIL!!!
Reaction score
Again you can run price comparisons till you’re blue in the face, it’s not that. It’s the fact that they increased the base price of the vehicle by 20%. Not sure what they were thinking there.

either way, none of this matters at the moment. I would be shocked if we saw any Gen 3s on the street before January or February of 2022. Probably later.
It’s not 20%, it’s ~13%. Far from 20%.

2020 Base Raptor = $56,440
2021 Base Raptor = $64,145

13.65%.