So much for significantly undercutting the trx msrp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats about what I was thinking, mine was 61.7 in 18 but I added Torsen, camera, step, liner and a couple of other things.

People are comparing a base price but that cloth seated 800a very base of Gen 2 has many confused....

I liked the 800a. It provided an affordable entry point into the market or for those who didn’t want bells and whistles. With the loss of that I feel like they’re moving the Raptor from what it originally with the first gen to more of a status symbol.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Again you can run price comparisons till you’re blue in the face, it’s not that. It’s the fact that they increased the base price of the vehicle by 20%. Not sure what they were thinking there.

either way, none of this matters at the moment. I would be shocked if we saw any Gen 3s on the street before January or February of 2022. Probably later.
Nobody was buying the base models, hence the elimination of the Super Cab and XL level equipment. It makes no sense for a company to put in all of the resources to make a low volume model that sells for less than the high volume model.

Jonesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know I’ve noticed looking at various manufacturers it’s hard to find a scab sized truck from any of them. You can find straight cab from Ford with 6.5 bed but there’s not a lot out there. I guess the scab is totally out of fashion now.
Edit: 220 inch oal specifically although I didn’t conduct a scientific poll.

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I liked the 800a. It provided an affordable entry point into the market or for those who didn’t want bells and whistles. With the loss of that I feel like they’re moving the Raptor from what it originally with the first gen to more of a status symbol.
Thats exactly what happened. Started with GEN 2.