So many options!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shpaz

Reaction score
Nice set ups Jeff, thanks for posting! Pic #1 looks like what I'll be doing..

I'd like to share another point with those of you looking for the right lighting combo that impacted my decision... Since most of my night driving will be on-road I was initially going for a pair of the SAE compliant cubes (along with a set of spots). However after drilling down into how the SAE compliant fogs were going to perform, I ended up taking a diff route. Apparently, the SAE compliant fogs are definitely brighter than the factory fogs on a regular F-150 and would likely annoy other driver's - resulting in a lot of flashing, etc. I asked about the smaller KC Flex lights (that come with the 3 bezel kit from FRL) and was advised that with the Amber covers they could be used for on road driving. So I ended up passing on the SAE fogs and going with a set (each) of the Rigid D Series Pro Floods & Spots. I'm going to try the KC lights white first, but if they annoy other driver's then I'll install the amber covers. Another thing about the FRL amber covers is that they match the OEM amber so should look OEM.

You got me a bit confused. Are the Rigid D-Series Pro Floods & Spots less bright than stock F-150 fogs?

I am still in the planning phase and will differently go with the triple lights bezel. It just looks so good. However I have not picked which lights to buy yet. There are so many options its so easy to get overwhelmed. I will be doing a lot of off road desert driving to my farm and back to the city.

OP
OP
HotLap

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You got me a bit confused. Are the Rigid D-Series Pro Floods & Spots less bright than stock F-150 fogs?

I am still in the planning phase and will differently go with the triple lights bezel. It just looks so good. However I have not picked which lights to buy yet. There are so many options its so easy to get overwhelmed. I will be doing a lot of off road desert driving to my farm and back to the city.

Sorry about any confusion, the Rigid D Series Pro spot/floods are significantly brighter than the stock F-150 fogs. At first I was wanting one set of fogs for around town driving, but anything brighter than the stock fogs is likely to annoy other drivers. So I decided not to get the SAE compliant lights and just go with the D Series Pro Floods instead. I'll only use the floods/spots off road and on dark country roads.

Good luck sounds like you'll end up with the same FRL bezel I'm getting and a couple pair of LED cubes (floods and spots). Of course there are many options but IMO the flood/spot combo covers; 1) Flood - up close width to medium distance and, 2) Spot - a tighter more focused beam and further distance for higher speed driving...

Shpaz

Reaction score
Sorry about any confusion, the Rigid D Series Pro spot/floods are significantly brighter than the stock F-150 fogs. At first I was wanting one set of fogs for around town driving, but anything brighter than the stock fogs is likely to annoy other drivers. So I decided not to get the SAE compliant lights and just go with the D Series Pro Floods instead. I'll only use the floods/spots off road and on dark country roads.

Good luck sounds like you'll end up with the same FRL bezel I'm getting and a couple pair of LED cubes (floods and spots). Of course there are many options but IMO the flood/spot combo covers; 1) Flood - up close width to medium distance and, 2) Spot - a tighter more focused beam and further distance for higher speed driving...

Yeah That's seems like a great combination. Down the line I will add a BD LED bar behind the grill for those deep desert adventures in the vastness of the Arabian desert.

:specialed:

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah That's seems like a great combination. Down the line I will add a BD LED bar behind the grill for those deep desert adventures in the vastness of the Arabian desert.

:specialed:

Let us know if we can help put a package together for you; we do ship worldwide! :)

OP
OP
HotLap

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Install complete and came out great! Got the FRL bezel exactly centered and the lights all mounted with the wiring harness installed. I actually dropped the skid plate to see about fastening the harness alongside/under the front bumper but was really not necessary. Have (2) Rigid D Series Pro Floods and (2) D Series Pro Spots along with the KC HiLite Flex lights that came with the FRL 6 light bezel. Aimed light cubes as best I could in the garage, but will head out tonight to see how they look and do any final adjustments. This kit wasn't inexpensive, but it is quality and I'm very happy with the way it all turned out. Had a question for Jeff mid-install and it was great to be able to reach him real time and not have to wait for a return call (thanks Jeff)!! I have pics of the installed lights in the garage but they are stuck in my outbox (happens sometimes and as soon as they arrive, I'll post them here)!!

PS I just ordered the light protectors that FRL sells along with the kits that attach the to lower front edge of the wheel well liners to protect the LED cubes. Will post on that install as well. From Left to Right, 1) Bracket and lights mounted, 2) KC Flex Lights (may install amber lens cover later). 3) Rigid D Series Pro Floods, 4) D Series Pro Spots, 5)Side view of all 6 cubes and high beams! Like the way the aftermarket LEDs match OEM high/low beams!!

Attachments

• LED Bracket mounting.jpg
    LED Bracket mounting.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 54
  • KC Flex LEDs.jpg
    KC Flex LEDs.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 44
  • D Series Floods.jpg
    D Series Floods.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 42
  • Rigid D Series Spots.jpg
    Rigid D Series Spots.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 39
  • Full LED set up.jpg
    Full LED set up.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Install complete and came out great! Got the FRL bezel exactly centered and the lights all mounted with the wiring harness installed. I actually dropped the skid plate to see about fastening the harness alongside/under the front bumper but was really not necessary. Have (2) Rigid D Series Pro Floods and (2) D Series Pro Spots along with the KC HiLite Flex lights that came with the FRL 6 light bezel. Aimed light cubes as best I could in the garage, but will head out tonight to see how they look and do any final adjustments. This kit wasn't inexpensive, but it is quality and I'm very happy with the way it all turned out. Had a question for Jeff mid-install and it was great to be able to reach him real time and not have to wait for a return call (thanks Jeff)!! I have pics of the installed lights in the garage but they are stuck in my outbox (happens sometimes and as soon as they arrive, I'll post them here)!!

PS I just ordered the light protectors that FRL sells along with the kits that attach the to lower front edge of the wheel well liners to protect the LED cubes. Will post on that install as well. From Left to Right, 1) Bracket and lights mounted, 2) KC Flex Lights (may install amber lens cover later). 3) Rigid D Series Pro Floods, 4) D Series Pro Spots, 5)Side view of all 6 cubes and high beams! Like the way the aftermarket LEDs match OEM high/low beams!!

Looking good dude.

1roadking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have pics of the 3 bezel kit using all DOT legal fogs with amber covers on the outside? I’m interested in how much light the dot legal lights actually put out. I’m considering this set up for every day driving and an LED bar in the grill for back roads and off-road stuff.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Does anyone have pics of the 3 bezel kit using all DOT legal fogs with amber covers on the outside? I’m interested in how much light the dot legal lights actually put out. I’m considering this set up for every day driving and an LED bar in the grill for back roads and off-road stuff.

Below are 2 pictures of four (4) Rigid D-Series SAE Fog Lights on a Gen 1 Raptor:

DOT2__92071.1439311743.jpg
710JEx8dqUL._SL1200_.jpg

Personally, I'd run one pair of Rigid SAE lights and one pair of Rigid D-Series PRO Driving lights along with the KC FLEX lights.

If you'd like us to put this setup together, please let me know!