So many options!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will say that its very over whelming trying to figure out exactly what a good combo would be with all of the different brand and styles. Ive looked twice to try and order some and gave up as my head was spinning after 30 min or so of trying to wrap my head around it.

In my case, I want something street legal and I want to put translucent amber covers on them for the look and don't really care how much light output. I like the mounting bracket because it fills up the entire opening and looks pretty much stock. I'm going to hold off to see if as rumored Ford comes up with a solution or this kit goes on sale.

OP
OP
HotLap

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will say that its very over whelming trying to figure out exactly what a good combo would be with all of the different brand and styles. Ive looked twice to try and order some and gave up as my head was spinning after 30 min or so of trying to wrap my head around it.

LOL, feel your pain, I was in the same boat. Most important is the first step in deciding what you will <actually> be using the lights for? The Top tier driving lights are super sexy, (and expensive), but if you're going to be 100% on road then it's likely overkill and spending money you don't need to. Once you've done that then you can start to narrow down the many choices that are out there. Then do more research, gather questions and reach out to the great supporting vendors here on the forum. They really are helpful (and patient).

Good luck!

---------- Post added at 08:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 AM ----------

In my case, I want something street legal and I want to put translucent amber covers on them for the look and don't really care how much light output. I like the mounting bracket because it fills up the entire opening and looks pretty much stock. I'm going to hold off to see if as rumored Ford comes up with a solution or this kit goes on sale.

Agree with you on the Ford Raptor Lights bezel, Jeff (and co) do a great job on it and it's the only solution (that I found anyway) that looks OEM in the bumper pockets. LED cubes, their are lower tier (but still reliable) lights out there, be sure and let the vendor you dealing with know and they will have options for you. I was looking at mid - to - high end tier lighting solutions so didn't really research much of the lower tier stuff. Good luck

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL, feel your pain, I was in the same boat. Most important is the first step in deciding what you will <actually> be using the lights for? The Top tier driving lights are super sexy, (and expensive), but if you're going to be 100% on road then it's likely overkill and spending money you don't need to. Once you've done that then you can start to narrow down the many choices that are out there. Then do more research, gather questions and reach out to the great supporting vendors here on the forum. They really are helpful (and patient).

Good luck!

---------- Post added at 08:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 AM ----------

Agree with you on the Ford Raptor Lights bezel, Jeff (and co) do a great job on it and it's the only solution (that I found anyway) that looks OEM in the bumper pockets. LED cubes, their are lower tier (but still reliable) lights out there, be sure and let the vendor you dealing with know and they will have options for you. I was looking at mid - to - high end tier lighting solutions so didn't really research much of the lower tier stuff. Good luck

Looks like I forgot to attach what I was talking about.
https://www.cjponyparts.com/fog-lig...d-fog-lights-f-150-raptor-2017-2018/p/RFLK47/

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lots of different lighting options for the OEM front bumper between our dual and triple fog light bezels.

Details:

- Stainless steel, powder coated bezels
- Designed to accomodate all 3" cube lights
- Bezel kits include custom wiring installation harness designed specifically for the Raptor
- Rubber gaskets for bumper openings
- Offered with or without lights
- Designed and manufactured in the USA

LINK ---->>>> FORDRAPTORLIGHTS

Questions? Call us at 888-466-8991

Triple Bezel Kit Picturered Here:

YAYpPXT.jpg

OJGpJ6m.jpg

2fHzfwS.jpg

jbzrojI.jpg

OP
OP
HotLap

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice set ups Jeff, thanks for posting! Pic #1 looks like what I'll be doing..

I'd like to share another point with those of you looking for the right lighting combo that impacted my decision... Since most of my night driving will be on-road I was initially going for a pair of the SAE compliant cubes (along with a set of spots). However after drilling down into how the SAE compliant fogs were going to perform, I ended up taking a diff route. Apparently, the SAE compliant fogs are definitely brighter than the factory fogs on a regular F-150 and would likely annoy other driver's - resulting in a lot of flashing, etc. I asked about the smaller KC Flex lights (that come with the 3 bezel kit from FRL) and was advised that with the Amber covers they could be used for on road driving. So I ended up passing on the SAE fogs and going with a set (each) of the Rigid D Series Pro Floods & Spots. I'm going to try the KC lights white first, but if they annoy other driver's then I'll install the amber covers. Another thing about the FRL amber covers is that they match the OEM amber so should look OEM.

wreedsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wreed ,curious which set up did you go with?

Install them dudes :)

I went basic. I dont live or ride near the desert or on a ranch.
KIT: 4 KC-HiLiTES C3 Series
+2 KC Flex Lights
+'17 Raptor Triple Bezels
+Hardware × 1

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
@HotLap, thank you for the feedback and really glad we could work with you to get everything dialed in exactly the way you'd like it!

The Rigid SAE lights with translucent amber covers is going to be the perfect setup for you.

I'd be happy to work with you to get this setup dialed in for you; please let me know if I can help!

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lots of different lighting options for the OEM front bumper between our dual and triple fog light bezels.

Details:

- Stainless steel, powder coated bezels
- Designed to accomodate all 3" cube lights
- Bezel kits include custom wiring installation harness designed specifically for the Raptor
- Rubber gaskets for bumper openings
- Offered with or without lights
- Designed and manufactured in the USA

LINK ---->>>> FORDRAPTORLIGHTS

Questions? Call us at 888-466-8991

Triple Bezel Kit Picturered Here:

YAYpPXT.jpg

OJGpJ6m.jpg

2fHzfwS.jpg

jbzrojI.jpg

That mounting bezel is the one I like. Every place I've seen it wants $389 for the 2 opening version that I'm looking at. I've seen the Rigid one, but it doesn't fill up the openings the way the the $389 one does.