So many options!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All, been researching the various brands/types of LED lights for the bumper pockets on my 2018 Raptor. Nick at Apollo Optics has been very helpful and here's what I have so far:

1) Going to get the "Raptor Lights" 3 light bezel that comes with the KC Flex light in the smaller (outer most) location. I really like the OEM look of the bezel. (Same as Toadster recently posted - just hope the bezel depth doesn't cut off too much of the beam width - I suspect not)...

2) Based on my anticipated use, for the two pairs of cubes, I've decided to go with:

- A pair of SAE compliant fogs for everyday (on street) use or the Rigid D2 Dually Diffused cubes. Anyone have experience with the SAE compliant cubes or D2 Dually diffused cubes?

- A pair of driving cubes for dark country roads and off road. Trying to keep the cost somewhat reasonable so comparing the Rigid D2 Pro driving (most expensive) to the D2 Series Pro Spot/Flood or D2 Dually driving lights.

I hope the above makes sense and would appreciate any information/guidance you guys can share.

More to come and TIA!

raptor36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are tons of options! You do have a tough decision for sure.

I would 100% recommend the Rigid dually’s. I honestly haven’t heard a ton of overly positive reviews on the KC flex series.

I have ran the rigid dually’s on multiple of my vehicles. I would do a combination of flood and driving beams on each side.

If your budget is on the lower end then do two floods per side. If on the higher end then do two driving on each side with additional spot lighting else where (ie: hood Mount).

Hope my opinion helps you narrow it down a bit :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Nick has probably already asked, but what’s you’re intended use case? How much street vs. off road vs. posing?

I didn’t think I’d like the “wide cornering” B/D squadron sport, they’re half the output of the squadron pro, but holy $*** they’re bright and the throw is impressive. I know these are a different brand and I’m not trying to convince you to swap brands and go into debt. Rather, I’m pointing out that a set of wide cornering “fog” lights help quite nicely on and off road. I’m using the term ‘fog’ more as a legal term of art here to indicate lights that can be used with low beams most places.

I have spot, combo and wide corner in my setup, along with some behind the grille lights. I think might consider going with 4x combo rather than a pair of spots, but I’m not really complaining about my setup. Most of it is used on road, and not facing oncoming traffic! Off road they’d be quite good while clean.

If you’re use case is more heavily on road, a set of SAE lights won’t hurt.

OP
OP
HotLap

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback guys. My intended use will be mostly on road, (I do plan to do some light to med off roading, but not likely at night). So looking at the SAE compliant cubes to compliment the low beams in everyday driving w/o irritating oncoming traffic. I'm assuming the SAE fogs will still be significantly brighter than say the standard LED fogs that come on the higher end F-150s? Driving lights would be for dark county roads with no oncoming traffic. Of course if I do end up off roading after dark, I'd like them to help there as well... I'm going to give it a few days and make sure the set up that Nick and I put together is what I really want as it's about double my original budget. You get what you pay for, (and Nick is quoting quality items), just surprised at how expensive these systems are! I'm in the neighborhood of $1K - $1200 depending on which driving cube I get...

raptor36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^ good stuff. With lights, mounts, tax the price starts to climb. Post some photos and do a review please. Would love to see the route to end up going.

OP
OP
HotLap

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^ good stuff. With lights, mounts, tax the price starts to climb. Post some photos and do a review please. Would love to see the route to end up going.

Will do and here's the final decision:

- 4 Rigid Industries D Series Pro cubes (2 Flood/2 Spot)
- Ford Raptor Lights Triple bezel with shrouds and KC HiLites Flex Lites (w Amber covers)
- All mounting hardware and wiring harness

Wanted to give a shout out to both Nick at Apollo Optics and Jeff at Ford Raptor Lights, both gents were extremely helpful (and patient) in educating me on the many options of these light packages.

Can't wait to install!!

raptor36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ good stuff. Post photos please. Would love to see it when it’s all mounted up.

leboeuf45

Reaction score
I will say that its very over whelming trying to figure out exactly what a good combo would be with all of the different brand and styles. Ive looked twice to try and order some and gave up as my head was spinning after 30 min or so of trying to wrap my head around it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir