GEN 2 So many new goodies

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lilla Kharn

Namaste
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the majority of the factory BOV is plastic. Aluminum>plastic . They start to crack when the trucks get used in extreme conditions. They also start to crack when you throw more than 22PSI at them on a regular basis.

I switched to the turbosmart (first version) and haven't had an issue since. I removed the housing and plugged the factory BOV back in to the hardness to avoid any DTCs ( it is small and if someone in a stock truck has a faulty one, I can switch it out and just plug their broken one into my truck. ( doesn't do anything functional except complete the electrical circuit on my truck)

Ah. I’m still doing research on this truck. I’m only running 18 lbs but I would love to have that sound coming from the engine. I was a complete Ricer way back when. Does this truck need a tune when changing the BOV and would you recommend the one you have again or would you pick a different one?

OP
OP
mattl600

mattl600

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah. I’m still doing research on this truck. I’m only running 18 lbs but I would love to have that sound coming from the engine. I was a complete Ricer way back when. Does this truck need a tune when changing the BOV and would you recommend the one you have again or would you pick a different one?

here’s a quick throttle off at about 14psi with the new location.

Remoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Major coin drop. I got my 2.5's replaced with stock fox 2.5's, with upper control arms and springs and odds and ends and that wasnt cheap. Beautiful build...

Peterb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
slot delete and frame cut bumpers really complete the picture

the point of the outer tie rods is get a heim at the joint isn’t it?
that’s why I did it

OP
OP
mattl600

mattl600

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
slot delete and frame cut bumpers really complete the picture

the point of the outer tie rods is get a heim at the joint isn’t it?
that’s why I did it

For sure.

I mainly went with the tie rods just to get a bit stiffer wheel. I feel like my steering is a bit more precise.

OP
OP
mattl600

mattl600

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally got some street time with her.

I thought the goosetune made her a different t vehicle all together... she’s a completely different truck now.

Rear end feels completely planted (haven’t been able to get a hop or step out yet). Steering feels tighter as well.

sitting in the medium settings for now. Tried “soft” to get an idea on the street and wasn’t a huge fan.

BSP10

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally was able to get a day off to go grab my truck from @svc today.

The dudes over there did an awesome job and Jeff was great to work with.

Install for the 2020 was:

SVC intercooler
SVC tie-rods
SVC fox bump stop
Fox 3.0 coilovers/ rear shocks
SVC traction bar.
+3 Deavers

Now I'm going to go install my goose stage 2 and see how this rear end behaves.... I'll tell you this much, night and day difference in the 1 hour freeway drive home as far as how the rear end felt.

Something else that's awesome that I completely didn't think about was how much more BOV sound I get when I throttle off with the relocation of it.

upper control arms next.

now for some pics..

View attachment 165201

View attachment 165203

View attachment 165204

View attachment 165205

View attachment 165202

Killer Truck. Quick question. Why new shocks and coil overs on the back? Is there that much of an advantage over the stock package that comes with the truck?