So If You Only Off Road a Few Weeks a Year?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I realize the Boy Scout's motto: Always be Prepared.

I've read through some very insightful posts here about necessary off road items.

Yes, I'd love a chase rack with a spare or two.

Yes an off road jack would also be nice. So would many other items.

But let's call a spade a spade.

I live in New York, not far north of NYC. There is as close to zero opportunities to off road as there is me getting a date with Kim Kardashian. Not that I'd want one. Ok, maybe. My wife doesn't find her attractive. I mean, I wouldn't make a career out of her, but once? ;-) :lol:

Anyway, in 2017 we drove to Boulder and Utah and did a few fun days off road in my then '17 Raptor.

In August of this year I go to RaptorAssault, and I am also driving out, planning to go on Hole in the Rock Road in Moab and as many other places as possible in the week and a half we will be there. Unfortunately as I planned it, the RaptorAssault will be at the end of the week.

How much equipment is one to buy, to bring along, for off roading when one only does it a couple weeks a year at most?

I'm not even sure I know how to get the spare out. But I'm sure my wife, the Kardashian hater, can figure it out for me. :lol:

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What equipment storage options do you have where you live?...because if you have some garage floor space you store it all there until it's go time...

You can carry another spare carried flat on the bed. The factory jack will be a pain to use on front tires, so if you borrow or purchase a tall lifting Harbor Freight floor jack (and bring some 6"-8" of 2x4 )
Then get a 4 or 6 pack of good ratchet tie downs and start lashing those items down in the bed.
I carry a lot of stuff flat on the floor behind my seats...

1) Small First aid kit
2) PowerProbe for diagnosing electrical problems
3) Snatch strap with a couple of quality 3/4" screw pin shackles
4) Jumper Pak for jump starting
5) Tool bag with misc items such as TORX sockets, electrical and Gorilla tape, zip ties, spare fuses, 1/4", 3/8", 1/2" ratchets, hammer, Channel locks, and a good set of *****...
6) Several sets of good ratchet ty downs

Not everything but you get an idea...only a few of the above items are in the truck all the time, those not needed are stored in my shop...