So I think I broke my truck......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have either fouled a plug or 2 not looking forward to changing plugs because it's going to be a PITA or I popped a headgasket. I'm going to change the plugs and if that doesn't fix and since I'm going to have the heads off to replace the headgasket(slightly thinner to raise the CR) I'm going to put on a nice set of ported heads with some roller rockers/followers.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What were you doing at the time? Have you run a compression / leak down test? If it is just a gasket, is going thinner wise?

I assume you're getting misfire codes, and they're what's making you think sparkplug or gasket? Ill be hoping it's that simple for ya Tank.

OP
OP
The Tank

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Truck runs and idles fine. Operates normal under deceleration, acceleration, and various RPMs but at 1750 to 2250 in 6th gear cruising it missing or something. The truck has always smelled rich, I have always thought it was because of the high-flow cats but now I'm thinking to much fuel was being dumped into the cylinder. I'm not putting a stock style headgasket on I'm going with an MLS gasket and I'm also going to play with the combustion chamber volume. My girlfriend doesn't live that far from Troyer Performance so he will be doing a full retune once this problem is fixed.

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
still don't understand why you would not let the dealer take of it under the warranty and save yourself the hassle plus record for future issues?

OP
OP
The Tank

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
still don't understand why you would not let the dealer take of it under the warranty and save yourself the hassle plus record for future issues?
..... look at my sig its safe to say I don't have one anymore. Also I am a Ford tech in training so it will help me in the long run.