GEN 1 So I have these 37's and now having issues??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

thedefboy

Reaction score
I will look at the paperwork from original install if it is the 1.25 or stock set up rather than the 1.5 , what would be the next step?

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
honestly you're better off with a lower offset wheel, then you can keep your UCAs and the truck will have a little bit of a wider stance. nothing wrong with being a little wider lol.

OP
OP
T

thedefboy

Reaction score
Yes , but wouldn't a wheel spacer do the same thing. And why didn't Camberg not specify the need for additional spacing when it was supposed to be a direct replacement for upper A arm. The stock tires rubbed also, i checked them as well.

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this a 2 part question.. so first lets tackle the wheel spacer issue.

By increasing the offset of the wheel you place more stress on the axle’s studs which is never a good thing. i've run them on much older rigs that where just for getting into the bush and i wanted to run bigger tires. I was also around 20 years old and had no money, but that's besides the point. another issue is by adding wheel spacers it's just another component that can fail, and because of that possibility the majority of people on here will say to stay away from them. and to be honest I'm one of those people, it's best to just not run them. besides you have a expensive truck and wheel spacers are like spacer lifts, just a cheap way of doing something the right way. but this is just my opinion, take it for what it's worth.

to answer your question as to why Camburg didn't disclose the need for additional spacing... well did you order them right from their site? 3rd party? I'm not trying to be an a$$, but i quickly went onto Camburg's site and under 1.5 UCAs it says this in bullet point at the bottom,
  • Will not fit OEM stock wheels, use our 1.25″ uniball version
maybe you missed this part? 3rd party didn't have it listed? idk but it's on their site.

not sure if this is what you wanted to hear but hey, at least you noticed there was a problem and asked for advice. honestly i wouldn't get rid of 1k$ UCAs and spend another 700$ on smaller ones. you can probably find decent wheels for that price.

OP
OP
T

thedefboy

Reaction score
What is the exact spacing/ off set needed for wheels?
The newer wheel spacers are not a blank block with holes in it . They attach with the stock bolts and then the spacer it self has its own bolts.
Mechanical attachments would be similar to stock with no more no less stress on individual bolts , Now wheel bearings may be another issue.
My local tire shop went directly to Camburg called 1st then placed order for the UCA's because the stockers were not rebuild-able which is its own issue.
I do agree that new wheels over all would be great, but I would be buying 7 of them to replace what I have now :-(
I am not totally sure i have the 1.5 's on the truck but will be following up with the shop that ordered them and did the install. But I do thank you for the input and answering questions.
Like we all do , I just want to enjoy my Raptor with out damaging it in Baja.
Which may seem like an oxymoron/paradox

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah I know what you mean lol. I'm planning a trip to Utah for a Raptor meet up/ trip and I have 2 stock spares that I was going to use, but can't cause I'll run into the same issue you have.

Im running methods with a zero offset and 4.75 backspace. lots of room.

The stock Raptor wheels are 17" x 8.5", 6 lug x 135mm, with 34mm offset (3.41 front space, 6.08 back space).

D

Deleted member 12951

Definitely wheels with a 0 offset will help with larger diameter uniball UCA’s. Is it like that on both sides?

Several years ago I bent the knuckle and it looked the same, not sure if you checked that.

e9886eae459e3de4b992af3b1307dffc.jpg

I recently removed my Rogue Heim adjustable UCA’s that have the 1” uniball and works with stock wheels as I ran those for years with these UCA’s. But I was running 35’s. I haven’t posted them for sale yet but do plan on selling them with new hardware and even the uniball tool to change them. They do need to be powdercoated though as I haven’t had time to do that yet.