So close yet so far away

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Seeyalater

Reaction score
So I ordered a Black Raptor on 10/31, it was built on 12/12, shipped to Miami by train and has been sitting 30 miles from my dealer since 12/30. I just don't understand why Ford can't get a more efficient system going. When I call SVT, they just tell me the last update was 12/30. When I call the dealer, they tell me they are waiting for the transport truck to go pick it up in Miami (20 mins away) and everyday it's "hopefully tomorrow".

Last year I ordered a BMW from Germany, BMW built it, put it on a train, then on a boat, shipped it to South Carolina, they flew me there and paid all expenses including a day on their test track and I was back in Florida all in about 2 months time.

Why cant Ford build a F-150 and have it shipped from Detroit to Florida in less time it takes to build a car overseas and ship here? This is why more and more people are buying foreign cars....

</Close Rant>

shooterAMG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's pretty frustrating. I hate when something I'm waiting on is sitting in Chicago just waiting to make it up by me. I can't imagine what it's like on something like a new car!

Congrats on the, uh, order and pending delivery!

Marcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same thing. Truck sat in nearby rail yard for 10 days. Dealer stated that it had to do with the amount of space the raptor takes up on the semi. Don't know if there is any truth to this or not.