So cal runs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikelivingstrong

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have a question for all of you how many of you would be down for a weekend long raptor run this fall? Somewhere in socal. I am thinking of trying to put something together. This fall would give me time to organize plan and give everyone time to plan to attend. If there is enough people intrested I think we should make a huge event and get as many people as possible to attend. Also I am open to suggestions for places to go and trails/roads to take!

PlainJane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have a question for all of you how many of you would be down for a weekend long raptor run this fall? Somewhere in socal. I am thinking of trying to put something together. This fall would give me time to organize plan and give everyone time to plan to attend. If there is enough people intrested I think we should make a huge event and get as many people as possible to attend. Also I am open to suggestions for places to go and trails/roads to take!

I would like that.
Hope to do some smaller runs to get the the required equipment bought and dialed in.
First torque arm, radio and lights?

BigGriff023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would definitely be interested. A camping trip off of Stoddaed Wells Rd, Barstow etc is always a good time.

mikelivingstrong

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have much off-road experience
Most on here suggest Deaver Springs, I want to try a torque arm.
Honestly drive the truck stock get used to it and see if you even need to upgrade anything. These trucks are amazingly capable out of the box. If you have limited off roading experience the truck can do more than you can at this point. Drive the hell out of it stock then upgrade as you see the need. Just my opinion though. My truck is still completely stock and I have been bashing the shit out of it in the desert and still havent gotten to the limits of the trucks capabilities. I do want to do some upgrades later but for now I'm leaving it stock

PlainJane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly drive the truck stock get used to it and see if you even need to upgrade anything. These trucks are amazingly capable out of the box. If you have limited off roading experience the truck can do more than you can at this point. Drive the hell out of it stock then upgrade as you see the need. Just my opinion though. My truck is still completely stock and I have been bashing the shit out of it in the desert and still havent gotten to the limits of the trucks capabilities. I do want to do some upgrades later but for now I'm leaving it stock
That's mostly what I was thinking also. Lights and a Radio are mostly for safety.