So cal runs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IU89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From SFV where I live:

LA peeps can hit California City for some easy playtime (Hwy 5->14-> Mojave -> East on 58, left (N) when you see the CA City signage. You can also stay on 14 N and run into the signs.

From CA city you can head out Randsburg Rd to Randsburg where you "could" head out to the Trona Pinnacles if you were so inclined.

Kramer Junction area

Johnson Valley and Mojave Preserve, but are a bit of a trek.

This is what I used for research along with Google Maps:

Jump on Gaia and start looking for free. Seems like some routes are fragmented, but you can piece them together or at least get ideas:
https://www.gaiagps.com/

Subaru dude who takes his outback around Socal
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=subie+trails

I'd hit Anza Borrego if I lived in SD.

I've only been out a few times myself mostly to explore destinations (pinnacles, petroglyphs, etc). I'm sure there are much more experienced people on this forum who may want to chime in.
I’d like to hear from folks with San Diego / Anza Borrego experience as well. Like to head out just have yet to make a trip.

Recommended gear? Thx.

DMDRaptor

Reaction score
I’d like to hear from folks with San Diego / Anza Borrego experience as well. Like to head out just have yet to make a trip.

Recommended gear? Thx.
Anza Borrego, Ocotillo Wells, Superstition, over to Plaster City and back is definitely a fun day. Lots of sand washes that go for miles from one end to the other. Alot of rzr washboard but definitely worth a look. It seems cal city just has fewer ppl in a area about the same size so the trails stay in better shape. Keep in mind Anza is getting hot now through Oct. Bring all the usual tools, means to air back up, you'll want to run around 25 psi. And bring lots of water.

Cal city Randsburg is a great time and chance for higher speeds. There is a dry lake bed east of 395 that's fun too.

grleon65

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys should do a run from Cal-City to Dove Springs to Randsberg. I used to ride that hole area as a kid/teen and will miss it very much.

Another good one is is Moose Springs on your way to Mammoth by Mt Whitney

Dove is a nice area and Randsburg is good area to explore for the slower paced.. can go to the mines.. Ricardo camp is nice spot too.. but usually booked way in advance

When you guys are talking about going from Cal City to Dove over to Randsburg - is it the run up that powerline rd from Cal City Blvd along the 14 into Dove and then over the top to Randsburg? I was in that area over the weekend hunting flowers with the wife and we ran into the Powerline Rd. We took it back (south) from the marked spot on my pic - fun little road.

Powerline Road.JPG

Dover to Randsburg over the top?

Dove to Randsburg.JPG

Powerline Rd

Cantil Powerline Rd.jpg

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When you guys are talking about going from Cal City to Dove over to Randsburg - is it the run up that powerline rd from Cal City Blvd along the 14 into Dove and then over the top to Randsburg? I was in that area over the weekend hunting flowers with the wife and we ran into the Powerline Rd. We took it back (south) from the marked spot on my pic - fun little road.

View attachment 403925

Dover to Randsburg over the top?

View attachment 403926

Powerline Rd

View attachment 403927
so many great memories in this area for me. from 1995-2009. Idaho riding and trails are insane tho haha.