So... 286 miles on a new truck? Odd?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chi_weezy

Reaction score
What’s up guys, I’m looking at getting another raptor. Had a 2017. Now looking at a leftover 2019 Magnetic 802a.

Question is, the truck has 286 miles on it and am I being paranoid because I feel like that’s a lot of test drives and everyone bailed. Lmk your thoughts.

Salesman said it’s from test drives and nobody pulled the trigger or they couldnt qualify etc. Going to get about 8500 off msrp so it’s a pretty decent deal. Thanks in advance

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How does the truck drive, look, and feel? If it feels like it was abused like a rental car (visible tire wear, dirty/damaged interior or exterior, bad odors, etc) then it's probably not worth the savings.

However, if it feels and looks like a brand new truck, the salesman is probably being truthful. Unfortunately, there are a lot of people that see a vehicle like the Raptor and think they can afford it without understanding the true cost. As soon as they finish the test drive and run their credit and show their income, they are immediately disqualified. If the dealer let that situation occur multiple times, there's your 286 miles. That is the reason that many dealers want to run your credit before they even let you test drive it, to avoid situations like this. However, in this case, it sounds like it may work out great for you financially if the truck still feels like new.

OP
OP
chi_weezy

chi_weezy

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Spoke to the GM. He confirmed that the sales person was actually mistaken and that the majority of the miles came from the partner of the dealership who used the truck for 3 days while his own Raptor got bumpers and a bunch of stuff done to it at the shop.

The truck is 2700 miles away so I haven’t and won’t be testing it out. Just buying and getting it shipped!

Last edited:

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Spoke to the GM. He confirmed that the sales person was actually mistaken and that the majority of the miles came from the partner of the dealership who used the truck for 3 days while his own Raptor got bumpers and a bunch of stuff done to it at the shop.

The truck is 2700 miles away so I haven’t and won’t be testing it out. Just buying and getting it shipped!

Great, congrats on the purchase!

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
... majority of the miles came from the partner of the dealership who used the truck for 3 days while his own Raptor got bumpers and a bunch of stuff done to it at the shop.

That's perfect. Anything that was going to fail right off has done so and it wasn't all WOT test drives on a not well warmed up motor.

OP
OP
chi_weezy

chi_weezy

Reaction score
^ Exactly. It’s the exact truck I’m looking for. Screw 802a Magnetic with carbon fiber pkg. new beadlocks look pretty nice as well. Wonder if I’ll notice any ride difference between my old 17 and this 19. Anyways will prob make a thread when I get it. Thanks again peeps