Snowmobile in truck bed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorUtah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2020 Polaris PRO RMK 163.

I bought a ramp and am planning on transporting it in my gen 2 bed. Driving it up the ramp, tie down, and then drive.

Do any of you have experience with this?

Do you think that will be too much weight for my tailgate to support open? Both in loading and unloading, and during transport.

I have a trailer but would it would be next easier if I can figure out a solution for the bed.

TIA

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here's my switchback 137

Nq5I9ni.jpg

Works fine for me. I think your 163 will hang too far. A friend made a L shaped support that goes in the receiver hitch with a carpeted 1'x1' pad on top to support the track. I don't know how handy you are with a welder but that's what I'd do.

TheTeej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s fine. I fit a 155. Put plywood down. They make things that take weight off the tailgate as well. For longer trips you could use a hitch mounted tailgate extender

OP
OP
RaptorUtah

RaptorUtah

Full Access Member
Reaction score

did you make that plywood piece?

does the plywood extend beyond the length of the bed + tailgate being down?

what exact model supports do you have off of that site? Very interesting. Never seen those before.

have you left the sled in with that setup for an extended period of time? Any damage or bends in your tailgate setup?

thanks to all!

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Make sure when you use the ramps that you tie them down to the anchor points on the bed sides with straps before driving up. I always did that when loading machines in the back.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, I've watched too many hero's become losers when their machine/quad flips over backwards on them, lol.
I honestly didn’t know why my ramps came with ties until a friend gave me the same advice. I was loading a monkey so probably wouldn’t have happened but at a massive Honda dealership I would’ve had an audience. Glad to learn something