Snow Plow for 2012 Gen 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StevieB

Reaction score
Anyone use your Raptor to plow snow?
Questions I have:
1. Did you use a 2” front hitch receiver or use a custom set up?
2. What snowplow did your purchase and why? Would you recommend it?
3. Anything you would do differently if you did set it up?

COBRA90GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see this is your 1st post on the msg board (welcome aboard btw); have you already tried running a search (can use Google to assist if the msg board search feature is still *****) yet?

FWIW - I can't recall anyone ever mentioning using their truck for plowing duty (it would kinda be frowned upon among enthusiasts, sorta like using the truck only for Starbucks duty LOL).

:)

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would think the front suspension is not up to ***** for so much extra weight... I don't see any IFS truck lasting long term with snow plow duty.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't see that Raptor struggling at all!!!

Front suspension is strong enough that's for sure, going mid to top perch would be a good idea.
Adding weight behind the rear tires in the bed would help too. You would need that anyway for pushing snow even a plow truck.
The whole plow assembly only weights around 800 to 900 lbs. for high end models.
They have single plows with poly blades if want, a lot less weight if that's your concern.
But I've seen those types of plows in action they kind of suck with heavy snow.

Last edited:

Terrain13crew

Reaction score
well I love to break the mold .. the plow weighs less than 500lbs its used maybe 20 times a year if your lucky . I don't blast down dessert whoop de doos with it like the brochures but . I have owned many many ford trucks they all hold up to Work and Play . so go out there and use your truck for both ppl .. only an enthusiastic person would buy a Raptor

Terrain13crew

Reaction score
Anyone use your Raptor to plow snow?
Questions I have:
1. Did you use a 2” front hitch receiver or use a custom set up?
2. What snowplow did your purchase and why? Would you recommend it?
3. Anything you would do differently if you did set it up?
you drill couple holes in frame rail .. use couple that are already there .. bolt up a frame mount . then plug in headlight harness .. route control wire into cab . I use Snoway 26 straight blade 7foot 6 inch .. a little weight in bed , survival type stuff . and go plow. springtime I remove the frame mount ..re install hooks and skid plate

Terrain13crew

Reaction score
I would think the front suspension is not up to ***** for so much extra weight... I don't see any IFS truck lasting long term with snow plow duty.
plow is used as needed so the weight is rarely on it . how much do aftermarket winches , lights ,bumpers, etc weigh ? are we talking Raptor's here you think blasting thru dirt roads or rough terrain doesn't hurt these delicate IFS suspensions ? come on . each to their own on how bearings and bushings hold up every truck gets different treatment . there are 3 gen1's out there on the road somewhere that I personally plowed with so owners beware I guess ...now im onto a gen2. never heard of anyone on here saying these trucks Cant do ... I see it as these trucks are overbuilt for the average duty consumer ! ford Q1