Snorkel options Gen 3?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All jokes aside, it could be for desert use. I'm not super familiar with it but people will run the snorkel opening backwards to help keep dust out of the intake. I guess being higher up and backwards makes sense to take on less dust. The Factory Ranger Raptor that ran or is running Baja has a reverse snorkel

View attachment 380858
View attachment 380861
Off topic but what’s up w/ that rotor? Cool shot though.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Snorkel on forced induction? Hmmm , id say probably not. Probably lose a good amount of power.

OP
OP
J

j-man

Reaction score
Why? Raptor is not built for forging rivers.
Well i dont need to educate the masses on this topic, but for those of us who actually use our rigs for more than looking cool, snorkles keep out the desert dust of which i encounter regularly when in baja where the dust is similar to talcum powder. The intake just above the grill on these trucks is like a shovel ready to scoop it up.
Regarding “forging rivers” - seems you’ve never dropped into a river crossing where you’ve had to gas it to get your momentum going & had a bow wave come over your hood which can happen in as little as 1.5 feet of water.
So yes they are a huge benefit when off the main highway, which is why in Australia almost every other vehicle has one.

munkhtogtokh

Reaction score
Even if Mishimito is ugly looking, I'm leaning towards them, i do a lot of fishing so i cross small rivers a lot so it’s more of a necessity for me

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is not deep at all, we can see the top of the wheels...perhaps he should have put load in the bed to cross safetier...
this is a deep cross river :