Snorkel for a Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorAddict.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I had some customers call in asking if there were snorkels available for the Raptor. That is one add-on that never crossed my mind considering me being a desert rat. I guess it would be for those not close to the open deserts, but more around the woodlands and rivers.

What are your thoughts on this? Anyone have a use for it? If so, we'll communicate with manufacturers and see what can be done. Who knows. Maybe they are available. I have yet to find them.

sidram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No way am I taking my Raptor deep enough to need a snorkel. Maybe in 20 years when it is falling apart but no time soon. IMO

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not just for crossing water,The higher the snorkel the less dust that you would be sucking in keeping your air cleaner from clogging up.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Damn, the only question I have about that CBP pic is "did they make it?" If so, that's badass!

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've definitely thought about it. Even started eyeballing some stuff; pop off one of those SVT side vents and you've got a perfect place to make something happen.

Before I go there, though, I'd relocate the diff breather(s), and rip out all the leather and carpet replacing it all with something a little less likely to mold once wet. A snorkel should probably be one of the last things you do when prepping your rig for water crossings.

Prybar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait Wait Wait.....BigJ and others: You are saying that you would rather not get the carpet wet or have to change the diff fluid but a little water in the intake....that'll be fine.:Grenade: I'm gonna disagree. Snorkle should be first on the list if you are going in past the bottom of the doors. The other stuff is great but the engine is the most expensive fix if it gets wet.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pry ever take a look at just how high that OEM airbox inlet is? Its up there. I mean, WAY up there relatively speaking. I've been in some deep water that was well over the bottom of the door line, and yet still no where near the box. Even got one of those crossings on video somewhere... ;)

SVT/Ford did a great job with that box, both in its baffling and positioning. All I'm saying is that if I plan to regularly cross water 3+ feet deep, I should plan on doing some serious mods to the interior. If I plan on crossing water 4+ feet deep, now we're into snorkel territory. YMMV.