Sneaky Whoops and Your Skid Plate - The Jolt Experience

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GREAT info to know.... :waytogo:

If you need to brake, do it well before the whoop(s), so that you have enough time to get back on the gas as you hit the whoop(s).... This transfers the weight load to the rear of the truck resulting in less of a likelihood to smack your front end.... It can be a bit counterintuitive at first, but it's definitely important to be on the gas as you take off.

Conversely, when you brake going into/hitting the whoop(s), you transfer the weight load forward, which is basically begging for skid plate damage.

OP
OP
RaptorAddict.com

RaptorAddict.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Except for this last time, I usually make a hard break off the path and into the shrubs. At least it's flat there. The problem with this last time, was that I was moving almost 70 and I couldn't turn fast enough. Oh well. If we're too worried about them, then we shouldn't be out there. Always like looking back at the good, crazy times.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
this is why food and drinks aren't allowed in my truck! thank god the roof is black

For the most part same here...I allow drinks, but it's resealable bottles with a strong preference towards just water. Soda is ok for the adults but the lid is on when people aren't drinking out of it. No food though that's for sure.

When I off road the water bottles that come along stay in the storage compartment of the center console and I'll pull one out for a drink when I stop to take a break.