Smoother Road/Highway Ride (Suspension)? Normal, Sport or Baja?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jsooth123

Reaction score
Hey all!

I was trying to figure out for a daily commute which suspension mode offers the most smooth ride. I have yet to really get my truck out on the road, and was hoping for some feedback from you all!

I assumed that normal mode was most smooth and as you climbed into sport and baja, it made the suspension more stiff?? But honesty have no idea.

WireNutz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup you got the right idea as far as modes go.

I normal cruise in normal if on a straight hyw as it's the smoothest. If I'm in an area with a lot of turns and what not I put it in sport so it handles better and reduces the body roll.

Reaction score
Baja suspension mode is not the stiffest. It is actually made to absorb big bumps at high speeds. So you may find you bounce a lot in daily driving but on a long smooth highway it’s like floating down the road.

I use sport mode unless I’m near home where the potholes live. I find normal or Baja handle potholes well. Bigger bumps = Baja mode for me.

No quantitative analysis here, just the butt dyno talking.