Smoke a lil smoke......

Discussion in 'The SuperDuty Section' started by Raptorguy21, Jun 22, 2011.

1. pirate air

pirate air will plunder your booty Supporting Member

I agree, a small diesel in something like the Power Wagon makes sense, but not the Raptor. Too nose heavy.

Ford had every intention of putting the 4.4 diesel in the F150's. I think it was about 08ish it was scheduled for the 12. When the economy sank, the diesel F150 project went with it. I'm sure there were too many uknowns at the time. At least the Raptor, 6.2, ecoboost all survived.

2. Hookup

Hookup Full Access Member

Yea my next car will be a 250. I love the turbo whistle so much. Also the idle brings back memories when I would always wait in the car to go fishing with my dad. Not saying im selling the raptor though I probably wont ever unless ford came out with a velociraptor.

3. Raptorguy21

Raptorguy21 The Bob Vila of Trucks

I just got a "flyer" from Ford in the mail about the new F150 motor line up...... I thought the 6.2 was only for the Raptor and Super Duty, but I guess not...... can one get a 2wd short bed reg cab F150 with the 6.2? You would have a hellva sport truck on your hands :drool:

4. MXrider38

MXrider38 Full Access Member

I thought I wouldn't ever get rid of either o my raptors. Until I started to run into situations where it wasn't enough truck for me.

5. Crosstx

Crosstx Full Access Member

Awesome!!
    Im gonna look at it