Smashed driver seat... Anyone else?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grantoser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just bought a 2011 raptor a month ago and something is starting to bother me... I bought the truck used and it seems the last (probably 400 lbs) owner used to sit on the left side bolster of the seat. Or However they used to slide out of the truck over the bolster somehow smashed it down so it is lower than the right (center) side. It's awkward now... When I'm driving I always seem to be sliding towards the door...

Obviously a year and a half old $50,000 truck shouldn't be like this already. Anyone else have this issue? Doubt this would be a warranty fix... Which is too bad.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Mil T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it could be a warranty fix. If it's in warranty still, take it in. The worst they can say is no. You don't have to tell them the previous owner was Wally the Hippo. Just tell them something seems wrong and you want it fixed.
If they don't fix it, take it to a good upholsterer. They know stuff you don't on how to repair that kind of thing.
Look under the seat and see if the bars or any items are bent or broken.
Mil T

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think it could be a warranty fix. If it's in warranty still, take it in. The worst they can say is no. You don't have to tell them the previous owner was Wally the Hippo. Just tell them something seems wrong and you want it fixed.
If they don't fix it, take it to a good upholsterer. They know stuff you don't on how to repair that kind of thing.
Look under the seat and see if the bars or any items are bent or broken.
Mil T

I agree with the above.

---------------RANT Warning--------------

By the way, what's with people (1) expecting nothing to break (on its own or due to misuse) and (2) expecting Ford to fix everything under warranty?

Just because it's an "expensive" vehicle to purchase doesn't mean shit won't break when it's used hard (or abused). Peoples' expectations sure ratchet way up when they spend $50k. Here's a newsflash: $50k vehicles are like $30k vehicles (and $100k vehicles, etc.). They all break especially when used hard and/or abused.

I'm sure glad I don't work with consumers. :High 5:

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree with the above.

---------------RANT Warning--------------

By the way, what's with people (1) expecting nothing to break (on its own or due to misuse) and (2) expecting Ford to fix everything under warranty?

Just because it's an "expensive" vehicle to purchase doesn't mean shit won't break when it's used hard (or abused). Peoples' expectations sure ratchet way up when they spend $50k. Here's a newsflash: $50k vehicles are like $30k vehicles (and $100k vehicles, etc.). They all break especially when used hard and/or abused.

I'm sure glad I don't work with consumers. :High 5:

Us consumers are very happy about that too... :party36:

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
my truck has 2000 miles on it and you can already tell the bolsters are flattening out and the leather is wrinkling (i'm not fat, btw). It happened on my 2010 as well and I ended up having the seat foam replaced although that was its own adventure because the leather never fit right again. anyway...it's common.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had the seat foam replaced in my last truck, this one has held up just fine. It's a cheap fix, cheaper than taking the wife out for valentines!!