GEN 1 Smash and Grab protection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JAQ51

Reaction score
@EricM You have installed this on a GEN1? What is the difference on one way or bi directional remote start?

Vehicle Security System - Ford Perimeter Plus
Part No: DL3Z-19A361-A

SRP: $198.57

Get local pricing

Perimeter Plus Remote Start Vehicle Security module adds an effective layer of anti-theft protection to your Ford vehicle. This new accessory contains features not available from the factory and is specifically designed to protect against the theft of contents and accessories in your vehicle.

• No cut, no splice vehicle integration.
  • Adjustable, 2-stage shock/impact sensor.
  • Arms and disarms with the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the factory key, door-mounted keypad or with ignition key ON.
  • Upgrade to One-Way or Bi-Directional remote start.
  • Upgrade to Remote Access.
  • May qualify for insurance discounts.

Peterb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought the side glass was laminated as well as tempered and therefore hard to get through? the picture looks like an easy smash and grab

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That really sucks! Why both windows? Two ********? Maybe a hungry dog would be a great deterrent or at least if they get their arm in it`s not gonna come out looking pretty.

People just plain old suck. If they want something bad enough they will get it. I live in a small town and there was a rash of break in`s and then it went to tire slashing, Google Manville NJ and you will see that over 20 vehicles have had their tires cut at random and they still have not found out who it was.

You would think that with people having security cameras you might see the guy approaching your truck? I have seen the dash cams that record to the cloud in the dark or light have even if they take the camera you still have them on video. One new member shared a post about the camera, it`s not cheap but it would also alert you anywhere you are with live video of whats going on inside your truck via an app

Here is the link to the dash cams, not cheap...

https://blackvue.com/

Last edited:

Mike McCrate

Reaction score
Brilliant thief, breaking both drivers side windows. I thought the motion sensors in the roof near the AUX switches were supposed to activate alarm?

mccoy1132

Reaction score
Unfortunately where I live in New Orleans this is a common occurrence. I have had the drivers door window broken 3 times, police said that the criminals assume that since i drive a truck and fly the American flag in front of my house and American flag stickers on all my vehicles, that i leave a gun in the truck and that they are looking for guns so now after replacing 3 windows I leave it unlocked with NOTHING in side. Sensors and alarms or cameras on the house dont stop them. Since then it has been gone thru 2 times. How do i know, they leave glove box and center console open, but no broken windows. The only other deterrent is sitting on the porch in my rockin chair drinking good whiskey all night with a 12 gauge across my lap

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@EricM You have installed this on a GEN1? What is the difference on one way or bi directional remote start?

One way is just that- you send the signal one way to the truck and hope it worked.

Bi-directional sends a signal back to the remote start fob to confirm it actually started.

There are long range and short range versions of each as well. Long range requires a different antenna to pick up the signal, but the antenna is not very expensive.

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brilliant thief, breaking both drivers side windows. I thought the motion sensors in the roof near the AUX switches were supposed to activate alarm?
I was just thinking about that too. I wonder if they only function when the windows or pano roof are open?

If so can it be changed through FORScan ?

Calling FordTechOne???