SMART CAP EVO SPORT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crool88

Reaction score
The one for my Gen 2 weighs 198 lbs if my memory is correct. With that and my off-roading essentials in the back, I sag with about 400 lbs in the bed. So I put Eibachs up front and Deaver +3 HD in the rear. Wish I had gone with the +4 for when I tow. Given that the Gen 3 has rear coils, it’ll be interesting to see the new spring options. Personally, I think spring replacements are a must in these trucks especially with gear and canopies. This pic was before spring replacement.View attachment 336238
Looks awesome. Does the cap hold up well to a lot of vibration from high speed off-roading? I’m worried that connections and seals will not hold up very well.

RotorHead695

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks awesome. Does the cap hold up well to a lot of vibration from high speed off-roading? I’m worried that connections and seals will not hold up very well.
I haven't done a ton of high speed stuff, but it's held up to a couple runs with small jumps and around 2 years of normal driving. I haven't had to tighten the clamps nor has my seal failed. Does going full speed over speed bumps count? ;)