GEN 2 Small rust spots on brand new paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NickyF25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use IRON-X. Just like I said don't let it dry on the vehicle. First spray down your car with water to take dirt off then spray Iron-X. Let it dwell for around 5 minutes and watch magic happen (all those spots will turn purple). If you have spots that are stubborn you can agitate it with sponge. Rinse the vehicle really good and wash it. All the spots will be gone. Like I said on winter time I use it almost every other car wash. Smells terrible but works great.
Thanks. I ordered it last week based on suggestions on the x5 forum. Appreciate the instructions on using it.

raptord

Reaction score
For any rust I just use grease remover before slightly sanding it before applying some touch up pint that is if rust is ain't that deep.

Wojciech Gierczynski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For any rust I just use grease remover before slightly sanding it before applying some touch up pint that is if rust is ain't that deep.
Its not really rust we are talikng about. Its called "rail dust". Tiny metal particles that attach itself to clear coat and rust away forming little brown spots on your car. It happends a lot to cars in states where there is a lot of salt, chemicals and plows used during winter time. There are non-acidic IRON REMOVERS in detail world that take care of this problem.

Pokahpolice

Reaction score
X2 on Rail Dust. I'm a white truck kind of guys so dealing with rail dust is an every other year issue. Simple clay bar will solve the problem.

Wojciech Gierczynski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X2 on Rail Dust. I'm a white truck kind of guys so dealing with rail dust is an every other year issue. Simple clay bar will solve the problem.
If you have your car Ceramic Coated you dont want to use clay bar. Also instead of clay bar its more simple to just spray Iron Remover like Iron-X or other brand, let it dwell (stubborn spots just agitate with washing mitt), rinse and you done.