GEN 2 Small key fob

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It would be nice if you could get a smaller remote. What do you need door lock and unlock ,spare key etc in the fob. Just a basic fob. Use the door buttons to lock and unlock. No panic button going off. Just walk up to truck, get in and drive. Or give us a key with transponder in it.

mahabali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No kidding. What is it so giant and ugly? Feels cheap too. (1st world problems, I know).

OP
OP
D

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Need a heavier belt. Cell phone on 1 side. Key fob on the other. Most of them will be left in the vehicle and doorpad used for locking.

OP
OP
D

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mav I agree. What do you need a panic button in your toolbelt. If you have to use a fob, give me a simple transponder. No door lock and unlock, panic, remote start etc. Just a transponder. About the size of a tooney

thorleif

Reaction score
Need a heavier belt. Cell phone on 1 side. Key fob on the other. Most of them will be left in the vehicle and doorpad used for locking.

Is this what most people really do? My buddy says he likes Ford for this reason (because of the keypad/being able to leave key inside), but doesn't this dramatically decrease security?

Hal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couldn't they just use NFC tech in a cell phone so you don't need anything? Proximity of cell allows you to unlock by touch and start car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro