Slow start up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't believe the PS is the issue.

Can you monitor the oil injection system for the LPG.
It might be leaking oil into the intake over night that would certainly cause hard starting.

I'll ask my friend in Germany if his Dodge Ram pickup truck does that.
It might be a little different though, he's running a LNG kit.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jef

jef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The lpg has a system to lubricate the valves. The system uses a small pump to get the oil in the engine. The reservoir is mounted lower as the engine, so i don't think it could leak into the engine over night.
It feels like a mechanical problem. The starter can't get enough speed to get the engine running the first couple seconds.
I'm gonna take off the belt and see if everything can turned by hand.
Can i start with the belt off?

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, but you don't need to remove the belt, just push the tensioner all the way down, the belt will be free enough to turn your accessories.

OP
OP
jef

jef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just tried this. Everythings moves freely. I could only move the power steering pump clockwise(the way it turns when engine is running) without effort. Almost impossible to turn it counter clockwise. Truck started normal (it was only parked for 3 hours). After i shut down the engine, i could move the power steering pump freely in both directions. I'm going to try this again tomorrow morning before i start the truck again.

EddieEK2

Reaction score
Hey Jef, Im currently having the same issue that you posted (cold start delay). Its a 2013 with a Roush super charger and JDM tune. It was working fine until a month ago (had it for 1 year already). wondering if you found out the issue. I havent checked the battery ( with a tester), power steering is leaking (that would possibly pull resistance in the drive belt when cold).

Last edited: