Slot Delete

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dusty Bottoms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you move the LCA all the way out instead of center, then your UCA would have to be longer than OEM parameters allow for the axles CV longevity. With this kit you are getting mil spec strength 12 point 3/4 x 6" and 3/4 x7" bolts. These along with the machined slot deletes are top quality parts that are priced reasonably considering their cost.
After you pay for the alignment and slot delete kit you wont have to worry about re aligning your Raptor every time you hit the dirt, it pays off in the long run, especially when you get back on the asphalt and don't have to worry about wearing out your tires due to an unalignment. We designed this kit as a viable bolt on option that doesn't require welding.

We try hard to answer forum questions and threads, if anyone ever has a question best way to reach us is by phone or email 855-757-6483 [email protected].

Thanks, Ryan

15470429858_8994d4da92_z.jpg
15644445478_b7bfe5e2ee_z.jpg

Ryan,

Would these work with stock UCAs and LCAs? I was looking into a product that SDHQ offers for the LCAs but dont know how this would benefit me over the SDHQ product.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Ryan,

Would these work with stock UCAs and LCAs? I was looking into a product that SDHQ offers for the LCAs but dont know how this would benefit me over the SDHQ product.

You only want to use a slot delete if you have adjustable UCA's. If you put this on with stock UCA's or non-adjustable then you cannot adjust for alignment at all and the chances of it lining up with no adjustments needed the first time would be slim and none.

By deleting the slot for the LCA's, the alignment adjustment is now done from the UCA's and then set.

If it is the ones that I think you are talking about that SDHQ sells they do not delete the lower slot, they are a CAM kit. That will make alignments easier for fine adjustments and hold the alignment better. I ended up getting the upgraded SDHQ ones with the weld-on doubler plates.

I went this route because no alignment shop in my area would touch doing an alignment from the UCA's. If I lived by Rogue or elsewhere where desert off-roading was common place, I would go the slot delete option. One day though, one day.

Ryan doesn't seem to frequent here as much but he can chime in if he sees this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dusty Bottoms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@RDFTS

Thanks for the information. I'll probably just stick with the SDHQ ones for now. I dont see myself getting some adjustable UCAs if ever at all.

Nice to see another Missourian on here too. I'm from St. Louis. Love going to Table Rock.

Aramco Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you move the LCA all the way out instead of center, then your UCA would have to be longer than OEM parameters allow for the axles CV longevity. With this kit you are getting mil spec strength 12 point 3/4 x 6" and 3/4 x7" bolts. These along with the machined slot deletes are top quality parts that are priced reasonably considering their cost.
After you pay for the alignment and slot delete kit you wont have to worry about re aligning your Raptor every time you hit the dirt, it pays off in the long run, especially when you get back on the asphalt and don't have to worry about wearing out your tires due to an unalignment. We designed this kit as a viable bolt on option that doesn't require welding.

We try hard to answer forum questions and threads, if anyone ever has a question best way to reach us is by phone or email 855-757-6483 [email protected].

Thanks, Ryan

15470429858_8994d4da92_z.jpg
15644445478_b7bfe5e2ee_z.jpg

Does the "kit" come with 2 or 4? Doesn't each LCA have 2 slot adjusters (one front and one rear)?

Can these delete kits be used with stock UCA's?

Hoping Ryan will chime in here.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Just got off the phone with Nick at Rogue.

Kit does come with 4 but cannot be used with stock UCA's.

Oh well…maybe some day.

Did not know that, excellent info. They need to put that on their website. Curious did they say why it doesn't? It's on the outer side so think it wouldn't matter but is it because of the bolt size or something?

Aramco Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did not know that, excellent info. They need to put that on their website. Curious did they say why it doesn't? It's on the outer side so think it wouldn't matter but is it because of the bolt size or something?

I mentioned to Nick that the product description would be more helpful if it stated that the "kit" contains 4 units...enough to do the entire front end.

Doesn't work with stock UCA's because the stock ones have no provision for adjustment...which is needed...since installing these parts essentially "locks" the LCA's in place...eliminating their adjustability.

I wouldn't have minded paying the rather hefty price for these high quality slot deletes...but factor in a new set of adjustable UCA's...nope...can't justify that right now.