Sloppy Seconds on a 2021 Raptor Order

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RotorOver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey All, Just put a deposit down on a 2021 order that fell through with another buyer. Lead Foot, forged wheels, 800A, Convenience, Towing Technology and Torsen packages at MSRP. Thanks to @KevoUsmc for getting the info out there on it! I have a reservation on a 2-door Bronco Badlands, but got frustrated by the modular painted hardtop situation and decided to look at Raptors since it is a truck I've wanted for some time. The truck will be a daily driver, North Georgia cabin transportation and off-roader. I consider myself an automotive enthusiast and am looking forward to an addition to my sports car hobby focus with some off-roading as a novice.

By the way of background, I'm a retired Navy Captain, helicopter pilot. Flew the MH-60S and a bunch of variants of the H-3 Sea King, commanded a helo squadron & an amphibious ship, and got to do some other cool **** in the Navy. I'm currently a deputy lab director at the Georgia Tech Research Institute where we primarily do applied research and engineering work for DoD.

Well, happy to be a part of the forum and I've already learned a ton about the platform, so thanks!

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Get those pics up once you take delivery of the new machine. We had a guy not too long ago posting he ordered a new Raptor. Turns out it was just a Prius commando. @smurfslayer had to pull his membership lol

Sounds like you had a great Navy career. At first I was going to ask if you were involved in the Fords shock trials testing off the coast of FL. Made for a rough beach day, but you’ve been out for a while.

Thanks for your service and most of all enjoy that new truck.

OP
OP
RotorOver

RotorOver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Get those pics up once you take delivery of the new machine. We had a guy not too long ago posting he ordered a new Raptor. Turns out it was just a Prius commando. @smurfslayer had to pull his membership lol

Sounds like you had a great Navy career. At first I was going to ask if you were involved in the Fords shock trials testing off the coast of FL. Made for a rough beach day, but you’ve been out for a while.

Thanks for your service and most of all enjoy that new truck.
LoL! I sure will post.

And yes, retired in 2014. Thank you!