GEN 2 Slight rattle upon light acceleration from a stop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ddpt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Noticed the truck makes a slight rattle upon acceleration from a dead stop when lightly touching the gas peddle.

Hard to describe the sound but it only makes it momentarily after the truck starts moving then it disappears

Tried to replicate when putting the truck in neutral or park and depressing the gas peddle and the sound does not appear. Only makes the rattle when in drive and only when the truck first starts to move.

Anybody experience something similar?

2019 Screw

DDP

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
exhaust rubbing or hitting something?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
darn... forgot all about the iwe there for a few moments.
;-)

OP
OP
ddpt

ddpt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
exhaust rubbing or hitting something?
I thought the same but when in park or neutral, no sound. I would think if it were the exhaust, sound would be present even when in park.

I thought the same as far as exhaust

DDP

OP
OP
ddpt

ddpt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try putting it into 4wD next time you hear it... if it goes away, very likely IWE.

that’s exactly what mine sounded like; thought it was a turbo waste gate or loose exhaust beacket.
I saw some videos on YouTube and the initial noise is very similar to what I am experiencing except it is just at the moment the truck starts moving. At least I dont hear it at speeds 2-3+MPH.

It appears to come from the front passenger side engine area. IWE might be it. I'll check when placing in 4×4 mode

Thanks

DDP

WraptorBoy

Reaction score
I hear this... "gear" sound at about 1100 RPM, noticable from a stop and as the trans is going through gears 1-3. Comes from the front. It's consistent and repeatable. It happens at prececely 1100ish RPM then stops. Almost like an actuator in sync with the trans at 1100 RPM. No idea what what I'm talking about? Me neither... but I hear it!